+ Reply to Thread
Page 1459 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 459959135914091449145714581459146014611469 ... LastLast
Results 14,581 to 14,590 of 14858

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

The Two Jakes, 1990..

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The Two Jakes, 1990..

better than last viewing...
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Murder, My Sweet, 1944.. bluray this time...It was hard to get Mike Mazurki to tower over Dick Powell, because the former singer stood 6'2", with Mazurki--a former pro wrestler--only slightly taller at 6' 4-1/2". For many scenes, Powell had to stand in a trench.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Gold Diggers of 1933

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Fog, 1980..bluray

Although this was essentially a low budget independent movie, John Carpenter chose to shoot the movie in anamorphic widescreen Panavision. This decision gave the movie a grander feel for the viewer so this didn't seem like a low budget horror movie.

Actresses Janet Leigh and Jamie Lee Curtis are real-life mother and daughter. This is the first of only two feature films they made together - the other one being Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998)

When
    Janet Leigh is standing just outside the church door, there's an arc of fog at the top of the image. This was not intentional but was actual fog on the lens.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Here Comes Mr. Jordan, 1941. bluray..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Thieves Like Us, 1974.. bluray. When Robert Altman decided to adapt Edward Anderson's book, Altman was not at all aware that Nicholas Ray had previously adapted the book as the cult classic They Live by Night (1948).

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Taken, 2002..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Taken, 2002..

last few eps of this super show...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Beiderbecke Affair, 1985.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread