+ Reply to Thread
Page 1422 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 4229221322137214121420142114221423142414321472 ... LastLast
Results 14,211 to 14,220 of 14864

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

The Outlaw, 1943..

While filming The Outlaw, director Howard Hughes felt that the camera did not properly capture Jane Russell's bust, so he designed a cantilevered underwire bra to emphasize her figure. He added curved structural steel rods that were sewn into the brassiere under each breast cup and connected to the bra's shoulder straps. This arrangement allowed the breasts to be pushed upward and the bra shoulder straps to be moved away from the neck, exposing more of her breasts. Contrary to many later media reports, Russell did not wear the bra during filming; she said in her 1988 autobiography that it was so uncomfortable that she secretly discarded it. She wrote that the "ridiculous" contraption hurt so much that she wore it for only a few minutes and instead wore her own bra. To prevent Hughes from noticing, Russell padded the cups with tissue and tightened the shoulder straps before returning to the set. She later said: "I never wore it in The Outlaw, and he never knew. He wasn’t going to take my clothes off to check if I had it on. I just told him I did." Hughes' bra was later exhibited in a Hollywood museum.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Chinatown, 1974... bluray.

At the time of filming, Jack Nicholson had just embarked on his longstanding relationship with Anjelica Huston. This made his scenes with her father, John Huston, rather uncomfortable, especially as the only time Anjelica was on set was the day they were filming the scene where Noah Cross interrogates Nicholson's character with "Mr. Gittes...do you sleep with my daughter?"

After several takes that never looked quite right, Faye Dunaway got annoyed and told Jack Nicholson to actually slap her. He did and felt very guilty for it, despite it being Dunaway's decision. The shot made it into the movie.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Both two good films, especially 'Chinatown'.

Sadly 'Gosford Park' is somewhat spoilt by Stephen Fry's "bumbling" detective character.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-10-2023 at 20:18. Reason: Spelling
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Both two good films, especially 'China Town'.

Sadly 'Gosford Park' is somewhat spoilt by Stephen Fry's "bumbling" detective character.
    yes frys' was an odd character. obviously was told to play it that way tho
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Don't rate 'Gosford Park' at all but 'Chinatown' is top ten. Perfection on film.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Don't rate 'Gosford Park' at all but 'Chinatown' is top ten. Perfection on film.
    was a film i was surprised to watch right through. had summat
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

'The Six Million Dollar Man'

There's a wolf boy running about in the forest so Austin and a Japanese bloke have to go in and get him.

Always makes me laugh in these old shows where they are supposed to be out in the wilderness but are obviously just running about in a patch of scraggy bushes on the edge of some park.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

'Walker Texas Ranger'

This was one of the most popular shows on American telly for over two decades. It's such a missed opportunity in that it's almost so bad that it's good.

It just doesn't quite make it, so it's just bad.

A real shame since there's about a billion episodes.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    'Walker Texas Ranger'

This was one of the most popular shows on American telly for over two decades. It's such a missed opportunity in that it's almost so bad that it's good.

It just doesn't quite make it, so it's just bad.

A real shame since there's about a billion episodes.
    I avoid anything which has Chuck Norris, Steven Segal or Jean-Claude Van Damme like the plague. And Jason Statham escapes the list by the skin of his shiny head.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread