+ Reply to Thread
Page 443 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3433934334414424434444454534935439431443 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Today am having a matinee. Newly purchased The Free State of Jones. 2016 stars Matthew McConaughey. Based on the true story of the films name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Excellent film. Its a difficult subject in general, and covering so much ground its difficult to fit into a film. It may have been better to end it just after the war, but in many ways the short second section is the more important, and damning of American policies, which basically went on til the 60's.. some say they still exist...
    one of those films that no doubt pleases no-one who has a side, but should really emphasise how racist much of America was
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Man in the high castle series 2.. still watching this; an epp every now and then, as its the last of the series im watching available til they make more, so spinning it out.
    following that I will I think start watching Roots
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

my dvd boxset I ve had for years going in now.. its on double sided discs, and I hate them as its difficult to see what side is what... Anyway off to bed now as pains getting to me to watch this... tatafk

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

'Get Carter' on TCM HD

I'm Martin.

Was looking for something to watch, good spot.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Continuing with the "ROOTS" marathon.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Couple of films tonight as its Friday night at the movies. First up is the golden oldie musical comedy Paint Your Wagon from 1969 and stars Lee Marin, Clint Eastwood and the lovely Jean Seburg.

The music doesnt get in way of a riproaring Marvin performance
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Two Rode Together (1961) directed by John Ford, and starring James Stewart, Richard Widmark and Shirley Jones. The supporting cast includes Linda Cristal, Andy Devine and John McIntire. The movie was based upon the novel Comanche Captives by Will Cook.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Two Rode Together (1961) directed by John Ford, and starring James Stewart, Richard Widmark and Shirley Jones. The supporting cast includes Linda Cristal, Andy Devine and John McIntire. The movie was based upon the novel Comanche Captives by Will Cook.

not seen that for years... Very good film, and quite apt even today. Ok, now some Blackadder series 3
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread