+ Reply to Thread
Page 518 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 184184685085165175185195205285686181018 ... LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Something for a bit later actually. I'm just off out.

I was rummaging through the DVD collection and found my copy of 'The Hill' 1965 with Sean Connery and a host of other great actors, not seen it for years, so will be having a look this afternoon. This B&W movie is superb and leaves a huge impression. It's one movie you'll never forget. Absolutely the best of British.

If you've not seen this, track it down. Highly recommended! Not many films get this many positive reviews: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059274/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

ah yes.. good, hard hitting film. that and tunes of glory were 2 i watched a lot
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

'The Hill' is one of my all time favourite films. Seen it dozens of times. Outstanding performances, directing, and dialogue. Harry Andrew's finest hour and probably the best film Sean Connery was ever in.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Salazar's Revenge/ apple library
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

For a few dollars more

Netflix
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Battle of Britain.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The adjustment bureau. 2011.

Excellent film.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Beyond Skyline (BluRay)

Horrible title, but accurate as to what this film is a follow up to the SciFi film Skyline. Not as good as the original, but close to it in quality, and enjoyable. At least now I know what happened at the end of the first film, and those characters fates.

Shin Godzilla (BluRay)

Awful, poor effects, boring story. The American Godzilla of a few years ago, flawed as it was, is a much better film.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Excellent film.
    I thought it was quite poor. Story was a bit silly. Plus I don't like Matt Damon in a lot of things, he is often miscast. Same with Leanardo DiCaprio.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Gladiator. bluray 2 disc special edition. extended cut
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Awesome film still.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread