+ Reply to Thread
Page 449 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3493994394474484494504514594995499491449 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Default Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

Try and see if i can concentrate on a film....

Ice age3

From my apple tv collection
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

'Snowpiercer' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowpiercer)

Another You Tube recommended film, via the smart TV app. Weird film set 17 years after a climate disaster, brought on by man trying to fix climate change. Highly improbable, but if you suspend disbelief and accept this reality, what we have is a film that paints a horrific and surreal existence for the remnants of humanity. Terry Gilliam's Brazil comes to mind but Snowpiercer is a much nastier and brutal film.

Definitely worth a watch.

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/snowpiercer-2014
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

'Withnail & I' just started on London Live. Great movie!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Young Frankenstein (1974) direted by Mel Brooks. Stars Gene Wilder, Peter Boyle, Marty Feldman, Cloris Leachman, Teri Garr, Kenneth Mars and Madeline Kahn.

One of the greats

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Ice Age 2: The Meltdown. 2006

apple digital storage
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Two Mules for Sister Sara (1970) Clint Eastwood and Shirley MacLaine star. Directed by Don Siegel.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ara_Poster.jpg

Watching my blu ray copy. Excellent film this, and been described as a kind of "The African Queen" gone west. Neither Siegal or Eastwood got on with MacLaine, calling her a hard bitch or something like that lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Rising sun. 1993 Starring
    Sean Connery, Wesley Snipes, Harvey Keitel.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Superb WWII thriller about the only German POW to escape and make it back to Germany.
    Incredible story, strong performances - including loads of classic British character actors - and a few dodgy model shots that really look shoddy in HD. The opening scene with the 109 crashing is hilarious

Well worth a watch if you like tense war movies.
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Grant.

Good one that. He'd have been better staying put as he copped it after going back
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Good one that. He'd have been better staying put as he copped it after going back
    Yeah, I looked up the story after watching it - bonkers, eh ??

It took him the best part of a year to trek halfway round the globe to get back to the fatherland, only to have an engine failure in his 109 on a routine patrol over The Channel a few short months after resuming duties with the Luftwaffe.

One thing that niggled at me was the intimation that he might be turned by the British authorities.
    The interrogating officer said he said the usual things about the Reich but didn't believe a word of it and was only out for himself.
    Would've been interesting if he had been a double agent, especially given his own version as a Dutchman.
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

+ Reply to Thread