+ Reply to Thread
Page 435 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3353854254334344354364374454855359351435 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

It was in my film of the year top 5. I didnt order them.. it just needs the ability to draw a line under the old characters. Tbh its better acted than the old ones.. just that we got used to them when young. I grew up with them and have all of it including the film so not anti in any way the original.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Man in the High Castle season 2 Ep 6.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Saturday night is fav of the year night tonight again. Fab film, and gets better every watching

Was OK but let down by a poor script methinks! Shame as the cast are awesome in their own right. Bill Nighy a bit more raunchy than Le Mesurier, and Pike has reached puberty in the remake!

I'm Grant.

A matter of life and death (1946) A Powell & Pressburger classic this, and one of my all-time favorites. Stars David Niven and the lovely Kim Hunter. Also stars Roger Livesey, Raymond Massey and Marius Goring. It was released in the US as Stairway to Heaven.

It was the first film shown "as" a Royal Film Performance.

Honour for British Films

First Royal Film performance ever to take place will be on Friday, November 1, at the Empire, Leicester square, in the presence of the King and Queen and the Princesses.

It will be in aid of the Cinematograph Trade Benevolent Fund.

This will be an historic event. For many years the stage and music hall have been honoured by Royal Command performances.

Now the cinema receives equal recognition.

As can be understood it was no easy task to choose a film for this occasion.

A special viewing committee representing all sides of the industry saw all the films submitted by British and American producers.

They were considered not only for their intrinsic merits but also in view of their suitability for this particular occasion.

Finally, the entrants were narrowed down to three.

These were Metro's The Green Years, which had very strong claims because of the nature of the story and its many British associations.

The Magic Bow, a story of Paganini with Stewart Granger and Phyllis Calvert in the leading parts, and Yehudi Menuhin responsible for the violin playing.

And A Matter of Life and Death, the Michael Powell - Emeric Pressburger picture starring David Niven, Raymond Massey, Roger Livesey, and Kim Hunter.

After much careful consideration, the Viewing Committee decided on "A Matter of Life and Death".

This is an honour to British films of which we can be justly proud.

We don't mean to suggest that we can beat the Big Drum and crow about scoring over Hollywood.

Far from it. We can be modestly happy that we are producing pictures which are worthy of a Royal Command performance.

Taken from Picturegoer dated w/e Sept 28th 1946
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anto.

Cracking film that !!! Not seen it for yrs mind
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

Roxanne (1987) stars Steve Martin and Daryl Hannah. Directed by Fred Schepisi who later gave us The Russia House.

A modern version of Cyrano de Bergerac.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Forgot how good that film is... ok, now Ice Age.. the first of many, and arguably the best.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A fun film for Friday evening in "Blast From The Past" (1999) Stars Brendan Fraser, the sexy Alicia Silverstone, Christopher Walken, Sissy Spacek and Dave Foley.
    A fun film this and worth pulling out of my dirty secrets box, or Alicia alone far less the film

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Main film now.. "Once Upon a Time in the West" (1968) Directed by Sergio Leone. Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson, Claudia Cardinale and Jason Robards. Superb soundtrack by Ennio Morricone .. this has pretty much everything and one of the best films ever in my view. Some superb facial closeup photography oft called Sergio's

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

School for Scoundrels (1960) stars Ian Carmichael, Terry Thomas and Alistair Sim. Directed by Robert Hamer who gave us Kind Hearts and Coronets.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread