+ Reply to Thread
Page 456 of 459 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 4586

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

  1. #4551
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Belfast/Northern Ireland/UK

    Posts: 15,797
    I'm Neil.

    Default

    The Void

    Its worth a watch, but this could have been so much more. Way too much left not explained, plot holes, lack of motivation for some stuff happening. However its still not bad. Kind of HellRaiser, meets Re-animator, meets the Thing. Definite nod to Lovecraft, but not Lovecraft.
    Regards Neil

  2. #4552
    Join Date: Feb 2017

    Location: Birmingham

    Posts: 62
    I'm David.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    The Void

    Its worth a watch, but this could have been so much more. Way too much left not explained, plot holes, lack of motivation for some stuff happening. However its still not bad. Kind of HellRaiser, meets Re-animator, meets the Thing. Definite nod to Lovecraft, but not Lovecraft.
    Don't forget this was crowdfunded by Indiegogo, which raised just over $80,000 - that's not a lot of money to make any film! It's worth watching the extras, particularly the Director's commentary, in which he talks about the various scenes and the very short amount of time that it had to filmed in - I think it was something silly like 3 days!

    He mentioned that the special effects took up much of the budget, and that if there had been more money available, it would've looked better and had some extra scenes in too. I think there were a few of the fans who had funded the film helped out on it for nothing, including the disjointed contortionist creature later in the film. For such a low budget, I commend them for trying. I've watched it 3 times now, and don't regret the tenner that the Bluray cost, as its content is just the sort of horror I like (H.P. Lovecraft/JohnCarpenter). I believe Carpenter's name was mentioned only once during the commentary! The two guys who made it said that they weren't out to copy any other films, it's just that when you're writing a story and improvising it for the screen, it just turns out that way sometimes. It's base story is certainly very Assault On Precinct 13

    I agree that it could have been so much more, but it was just a cost issue apparently.
    Bringing carefully chosen, quality audio products and solutions to Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter, catering for the real world needs of music lovers.

    www.thelittleaudio.company

  3. #4553
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 33,002
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Chronicle.2012.



    My Apple library
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.6- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. BERESFORD SWITCHBOX. - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - TANDBERG TCD310 - CARTS.. AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

  4. #4554
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 33,002
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Carry on Jack. 1963

    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.6- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. BERESFORD SWITCHBOX. - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - TANDBERG TCD310 - CARTS.. AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

  5. #4555
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 16,585
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    The Prisoner: 'Hammer Into Anvil'

    Proper Telly. On 'TRUE ENTERTAINMENT' channel. (Their caps not mine).
    Martin



    Current Lash Up:

    Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *



    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

  6. #4556
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Belfast/Northern Ireland/UK

    Posts: 15,797
    I'm Neil.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the little audio company View Post
    Don't forget this was crowdfunded by Indiegogo, which raised just over $80,000 - that's not a lot of money to make any film! It's worth watching the extras, particularly the Director's commentary, in which he talks about the various scenes and the very short amount of time that it had to filmed in - I think it was something silly like 3 days!

    He mentioned that the special effects took up much of the budget, and that if there had been more money available, it would've looked better and had some extra scenes in too. I think there were a few of the fans who had funded the film helped out on it for nothing, including the disjointed contortionist creature later in the film. For such a low budget, I commend them for trying. I've watched it 3 times now, and don't regret the tenner that the Bluray cost, as its content is just the sort of horror I like (H.P. Lovecraft/JohnCarpenter). I believe Carpenter's name was mentioned only once during the commentary! The two guys who made it said that they weren't out to copy any other films, it's just that when you're writing a story and improvising it for the screen, it just turns out that way sometimes. It's base story is certainly very Assault On Precinct 13

    I agree that it could have been so much more, but it was just a cost issue apparently.
    I think they managed a lot, but they left way too much unexplained. For instance who were the two guys at the beginning, why were they at that house, why did they kill the girl, why hunt the boy. What did they know and how, why did they take the book. The folks at the hospital well they were dumped into it. The Dr had a lot of followers, a bit more about that would have been useful to know, as well as exactly what he was doing and how. The discussions about the first creature encounter were lacking.... it just didn't feel like how real life would be.

    I think the creature effects were very good, but more about the creatures would have been useful to know. At least in Lovecraft there is a backstory a mythos to fill in the gaps.

    My criticism is really not aimed at the acting, which was pretty good, or the effects just the story was lacking a bit.

    Still worth a watch for 5, cost of the DVD.
    Regards Neil

  7. #4557
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Belfast/Northern Ireland/UK

    Posts: 15,797
    I'm Neil.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Chronicle.2012.



    My Apple library
    That is a pretty good film, for a found footage style. Seen it twice now, enjoyed it more second time round.
    Regards Neil

  8. #4558
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 33,002
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    That is a pretty good film, for a found footage style. Seen it twice now, enjoyed it more second time round.
    I quite enjoyed it Neil. Got it in a big bundle from Itunes store. 10 films for under a tenner. some good ones among it so far.
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.6- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. BERESFORD SWITCHBOX. - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - TANDBERG TCD310 - CARTS.. AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

  9. #4559
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 33,002
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Saturday Matinee is ....

    Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl.2003.



    from my Apple library
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.6- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. BERESFORD SWITCHBOX. - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - TANDBERG TCD310 - CARTS.. AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

  10. #4560
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Belfast/Northern Ireland/UK

    Posts: 15,797
    I'm Neil.

    Default

    Pandora - 2016 (You Tube)

    Korean nuclear disaster film - sobering, a hard watch.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6302160/
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •