+ Reply to Thread
Page 453 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3534034434514524534544554635035539531453 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Second film tonight is The Guns of Navarone(1961) directed by J. Lee Thompson and stars Gregory Peck, David Niven, Anthony Quayle Anthony Quinn and Stanley Baker... Narrated by James Robertson Justice. Oh and a Young Richard Harris. Top class film.

Film was produced and screen play by Carl Foreman from the 1957 novel from the legendary Alistair MacLean

From my Apple digital library
    Last edited by struth; 30-04-2017 at 19:14.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Second film tonight is The Guns of Navarone(1961) directed by J. Lee Thompson and stars Gregory Peck, David Niven, Anthony Quayle Anthony Quinn and Stanley Baker... Narrated by James Robertson Justice. Oh and a Young Richard Harris. Top class film.

Film was produced and screen play by Carl Foreman from the 1957 novel from the legendary Alistair MacLean

From my Apple digital library
    Excellent! One of my all-time favourite films.

The sequel ('Force 10 from Navarone') was pretty poor, so no surprises there.
    Barry

I'm Neil.

Just finished watching BBC TVs In the Line of Duty - good ending to this current series, twist in the story was one I never saw coming.

What ruins it a bit is its so obviously filmed in Belfast and not an English city. Looking forward to the next series.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

The Day the Earth Stood Still(1951) Directed by Robert Wise and starring Michael Rennie and Patricia Neal. The original and the best.

My cinema reserve steel box version.
    Excellent film.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Indeed. I prefer it to the Kanu Reeves one

Jest watching some old recorded programs as pain is stopping sleep
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Indeed. I prefer it to the Kanu Reeves one

Jest watching some old recorded programs as pain is stopping sleep
    Its complete and utter rubbish.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Its complete and utter rubbish.
    Didnt think it quite that bad. Not a patch on original. Special effects were good.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Now the epic western The Wild Bunch from 1969(directors cut;ie the European version by SP in 69 and restored in 95... I Think. lol) directed by Sam Peckinpah and stars William Holden, Robert Ryan, Ernest Borgnine, Ben Johnson and Warren Oates.

Actually struggled to get an X rating in UK this. Set In Texas in 1913 although filmed mostly in Mexico. On of the top westerns of all time.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Marvellous film. now need to wash the blood from my mind so Some Blackadder series 3 I think.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

About half an hour in and it's very good so far - Gary Oldman superb as usual and the rest of the cast is decent too.
    Interesting premise.
    The only thing I can pick at so far is a musical motif they repeat over and over - I swear it's Sting's When We Dance.
    If it's not, it's a blatant rip-off !
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

+ Reply to Thread