+ Reply to Thread
Page 456 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3564064464544554564574584665065569561456 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Neil.

The Void

Its worth a watch, but this could have been so much more. Way too much left not explained, plot holes, lack of motivation for some stuff happening. However its still not bad. Kind of HellRaiser, meets Re-animator, meets the Thing. Definite nod to Lovecraft, but not Lovecraft.
    Regards Neil

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    The Void

Its worth a watch, but this could have been so much more. Way too much left not explained, plot holes, lack of motivation for some stuff happening. However its still not bad. Kind of HellRaiser, meets Re-animator, meets the Thing. Definite nod to Lovecraft, but not Lovecraft.
    Don't forget this was crowdfunded by Indiegogo, which raised just over $80,000 - that's not a lot of money to make any film! It's worth watching the extras, particularly the Director's commentary, in which he talks about the various scenes and the very short amount of time that it had to filmed in - I think it was something silly like 3 days!

He mentioned that the special effects took up much of the budget, and that if there had been more money available, it would've looked better and had some extra scenes in too. I think there were a few of the fans who had funded the film helped out on it for nothing, including the disjointed contortionist creature later in the film. For such a low budget, I commend them for trying. I've watched it 3 times now, and don't regret the tenner that the Bluray cost, as its content is just the sort of horror I like (H.P. Lovecraft/JohnCarpenter). I believe Carpenter's name was mentioned only once during the commentary! The two guys who made it said that they weren't out to copy any other films, it's just that when you're writing a story and improvising it for the screen, it just turns out that way sometimes. It's base story is certainly very Assault On Precinct 13

I agree that it could have been so much more, but it was just a cost issue apparently.
    avid hifi | audiomica | amphion | anthem | audioquest | ascendo | bel canto | bluesound | caas audio | eggleston works | exposure | hegel | isoacoustics | innuos | kef audio | larsen | lumin | merason | moonriver | nagaoka | ophidian | primare | perlisten | paradigm | svs | spectral furniture | silent angel

www.thelittleaudio.company 0753 888 1969 / 0121 638 0721

I'm Grant.

Chronicle.2012.

My Apple library
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Carry on Jack. 1963

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

The Prisoner: 'Hammer Into Anvil'

Proper Telly. On 'TRUE ENTERTAINMENT' channel. (Their caps not mine).
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by the little audio company View Post
    Don't forget this was crowdfunded by Indiegogo, which raised just over $80,000 - that's not a lot of money to make any film! It's worth watching the extras, particularly the Director's commentary, in which he talks about the various scenes and the very short amount of time that it had to filmed in - I think it was something silly like 3 days!

He mentioned that the special effects took up much of the budget, and that if there had been more money available, it would've looked better and had some extra scenes in too. I think there were a few of the fans who had funded the film helped out on it for nothing, including the disjointed contortionist creature later in the film. For such a low budget, I commend them for trying. I've watched it 3 times now, and don't regret the tenner that the Bluray cost, as its content is just the sort of horror I like (H.P. Lovecraft/JohnCarpenter). I believe Carpenter's name was mentioned only once during the commentary! The two guys who made it said that they weren't out to copy any other films, it's just that when you're writing a story and improvising it for the screen, it just turns out that way sometimes. It's base story is certainly very Assault On Precinct 13

I agree that it could have been so much more, but it was just a cost issue apparently.
    I think they managed a lot, but they left way too much unexplained. For instance who were the two guys at the beginning, why were they at that house, why did they kill the girl, why hunt the boy. What did they know and how, why did they take the book. The folks at the hospital well they were dumped into it. The Dr had a lot of followers, a bit more about that would have been useful to know, as well as exactly what he was doing and how. The discussions about the first creature encounter were lacking.... it just didn't feel like how real life would be.

I think the creature effects were very good, but more about the creatures would have been useful to know. At least in Lovecraft there is a backstory a mythos to fill in the gaps.

My criticism is really not aimed at the acting, which was pretty good, or the effects just the story was lacking a bit.

Still worth a watch for £5, cost of the DVD.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Chronicle.2012.

My Apple library
    That is a pretty good film, for a found footage style. Seen it twice now, enjoyed it more second time round.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    That is a pretty good film, for a found footage style. Seen it twice now, enjoyed it more second time round.
    I quite enjoyed it Neil. Got it in a big bundle from Itunes store. 10 films for under a tenner. some good ones among it so far.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Saturday Matinee is ....

Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl.2003.

from my Apple library
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Pandora - 2016 (You Tube)

Korean nuclear disaster film - sobering, a hard watch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6302160/
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread