+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1972472872952962972982993073473977971297 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    is that the richard chamberlain one Neil..ive got that on dvd...it good that is
    Yes, that's the one.

Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

'Repo Girl' - in an alternate modern - day Earth a young heiress is disinherited due to her bad behaviour, so she seeks out work in the repo industry. Sounds like a typical fish out of water plot but it soon knocks that expectation on the head. A bit quirky but quite clever and funny in parts. Oh and Chicotay from Star Trek: Voyager is in it too. Worth a watch.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Fantabulosa (2006) Michael Sheen plays the irrepressible Kenneth Williams. Have seen this b4 but it was a while ago. if memory serves it was quite a sad life he had, like many comic genius's; must be in the genes, or in Kenny's out of them Michael Sheen is fantabidozi
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

he was brilliant as Tony Blair, Brian Clough and David Frost as well. Scary talent.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    he was brilliant as Tony Blair, Brian Clough and David Frost as well. Scary talent.
    yes saw the clough one and bits of Blair. He did a pretty good job with a very difficult subject in Kenny Williams, who was an extremely complex character ...some today may say he wad in fact mad.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

He was a repressed homosexual though, wasn't he? That's never going to be easy.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

He was a repressed homosexual though, wasn't he? That's never going to be easy.
    yes with a mother fixation and a hatred of his father...of course for a lot of his life it was illegal too. took a lot of guts to take the role on
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

The Yakuza 1974

Recorded this a few nights ago on TCM, not seen it in years, beautiful but violent film about an American ex service man who was stationed in Japan trying to help a friend sort out a problem with the Yakuza.

Along with Shogun, this was one of the films that fuelled my fascination with Japan.

Robert Mitchum is very good in this film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yakuza

Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

That is a good one Neil - not seen it since I was a kid though.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Neil.

That is a good one Neil - not seen it since I was a kid though.
    Yes its been a very long time since I saw it too.

Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread