+ Reply to Thread
Page 454 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3544044444524534544554564645045549541454 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,540 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Rooster Cogburn 1975, stars John Wayne and Kathrine Hepburn. Directed by Stuart Miller, who did Little big man as well.

Top class film all the way with 2 seniors in top form

from my Apple library
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Time for a dose of Cat Ballou. This 1965 Comic western won Lee marvin an Oscar for his 2 roles, Kid Shelleen and Tim Strawn, his evil brother. The sexy Jane Fonda is the damsel in need of help(A likely story).. Stubby Kaye and Nat King Cole produce the song/story telling (Greek chorus) between the action brilliantly. It was one of the most popular films of that year.

from my dvd collection
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Film 2 tonight is from Director Elia Kazan, the 1950 film noir, Panic in the Streets starring Richard Widmark, Barbara Bel Geddes, Paul Douglas and Walter Jack palance as he was once known.Also a small part for Zero Mostel. Edna and Edward Anhalt won an Oscar for Best Writing, Motion Picture Story. Film flopped at box office alas, possibly due to its on location and ow star actor status; nevertheless its a very good film.

Last edited by struth; 05-05-2017 at 20:27.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Poirot season 1 from about 1989 I think.

my Amazon library
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Bonnie and Clyde 1967 starring Warren Beatty, Gene Hackman and Faye Dunaway.

Amazon prime content
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Escape from Alcatraz 1979 directed by Don Siegel. stars Clint Eastwood, Jack Thibeau, Patrick McGoohan and Fred Ward. Based loosely on a true story. How loosely we shall never know.

from my Apple library
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The day of the jackal 1973 stars Edward fox

My apple library
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The day the Earth caught Fire. 1961...Stars Edward Judd, Leo McKern and Janet Munro. Directed by Val Guest ....

this is the new 4K transfer by the BFI National Archive on Bluray. just got it and it seems a tad yellower in beginning than i remember the original ...maybe my memory

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The day the Earth caught Fire. 1961...Stars Edward Judd, Leo McKern and Janet Munro. Directed by Val Guest ....

this is the new 4K transfer by the BFI National Archive on Bluray. just got it and it seems a tad yellower in beginning than i remember the original ...maybe my memory
    Crap film - I saw it at the cinema when it came out.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Crap film - I saw it at the cinema when it came out.
    Well, You were young
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread