+ Reply to Thread
Page 444 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3443944344424434444454464544945449441444 ... LastLast
Results 4,431 to 4,440 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Geoff.

They're showing 'Bottom' on freeview 12 and 79 at the moment if anybody's interested.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

'True Grit' 2010 remake

Not bad so far. Hard to remake a classic like this, though, no replacement for John Wayne is there?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

The Hell there is...
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Martin.

The Hell there isn't...
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

'Mean Streets' (a week or so back, via the iPlayer). Robert de Niro chewing the scenery, and a more understated performance by Harvey Keitel. Lots of Italian-Americans shouting at each other.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    'True Grit' 2010 remake

Not bad so far. Hard to remake a classic like this, though, no replacement for John Wayne is there?
    Oddly i bought that a few nights ago but not watched it yet. How did it compare to original?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Oddly i bought that a few nights ago but not watched it yet. How did it compare to original?
    Missing John Wayne in the title role, although Bridges does a decent if unremarkable job. Otherwise I enjoyed it. Not a huge fan of Cohen Bros but I like Big Lebowski and Fargo. Beautiful looking film and the girl who plays the feisty bird is very good. Sticks very close to the plot of the original, some of the dialogue is identical too. Great ending, different to the old one. Well worth a watch.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Missing John Wayne in the title role, although Bridges does a decent if unremarkable job. Otherwise I enjoyed it. Not a huge fan of Cohen Bros but I like Big Lebowski and Fargo. Beautiful looking film and the girl who plays the feisty bird is very good. Sticks very close to the plot of the original, some of the dialogue is identical too. Great ending, different to the old one. Well worth a watch.
    Ok cheers.. might get chance tonight or even this afternoon. Bought it as i liked original and it was fairly cheap off apple
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Right, true grit 2010. The remake of the Dukes film....on now via my apple tv box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

True to its name it was very gritty. Quite a good attempt

Now watching the jungle book. Another remake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread