+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Overhauling/Servicing of vintage cassette decks

I'm Gordon.

Default Overhauling/Servicing of vintage cassette decks

Can anyone recommend someone in the UK who is expert in servicing and overhauling vintage cassette decks?

I have a lovely old Sony TC-229SD (circa 1977) in near mint cosmetic condition which sadly will not play (although FF and Rew work fine) and also a Sony TC-K81 (circa 1981) which has some tape transport issues. Both of these machines are excellent when fully working to spec. I have another TC-K81 which is fully working and is really superb (even better than a Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1 I once owned).

Regards,

Gordon.
    Gordon.

I'm Nobody.

You could try Colin Braddock at The Tape Centre Blackpool.

I'm ILOB.

Also Alex Niktin of ANT
    http://www.ant-audio.co.uk/
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Mike.

good luck with that mate, I had an Akai GXC-740D with the glass ferrite heads, one of the bearings on the transport mechanism had worn out and needed replacing as it affected playback speed, anyway i was living on Orkney at the time and there was no one that could do the work, i even tried to get the parts i needed for the job and fix it myself but without success, so it got skipped, i suppose back in the late 80's cassette was in decline as CD was becoming more popular, it's a shame cos it was a great deck.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

+ Reply to Thread