+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Truly amazed

I'm Tom.

Just received my second set and more improvements have been gained.

I dare not tell you the cost of the interconnect it has just replaced

I'm Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    Just received my second set and more improvements have been gained.

I dare not tell you the cost of the interconnect it has just replaced
    As the seeker of truth and justice I think you should tell us

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by isuckedmandelsonslemons View Post
    As the seeker of truth and justice I think you should tell us
    Oh OK then

A while back I deal a swap deal for some Furutech mains cable for an interconnect called the "Ultimate Cable" which is purported to have the purest silver and all the ultimate materials within, but I couldn't tell you what the original purchase price was. The intrinsic value of my swap deal was over £80 so even that has made the Belkin cable a good deal for me as I hope to sell on the fancy pants one

Just looked on the UC website and the prices have been slashed dramatically since I last looked

I'm Gary.

Well mine turned up today and I'm very pleased with them so I just ordered 3 more sets.
    Gary.
    Technics SE-9600-Technics SU-9600--Technics Technics RS-9900-ST-9600-Technics SH-9010 EQ-Hitachi HCA7500 pre Technics 1210mk2,SL P1200 cdp.Moth mkII RCM, Revox B77mKii,Pioneer CT-F1250-Nakamichi MR-1.Technics A900 mkll,Technics 631 cassette deck,Yamaha cr-1000 & Cr-600,Celestion Ditton 44's & 15xr's,Thorens TD-150mkll,Tascam 34,Akia 4000DS,Leak 2000 and assortment of Technics cd and minidisc players and Mission/AR/Kef speakers

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Wish mine would.We've had no post all week.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Mine arrived yesterday along with some other kit I couldn't work out what the hell this parcel was until i got the outer wrapping off

Dirty great big boxes inside of a thick clear plastic presentation type case Someone is making a loss somewhere & it's not me

They do look very nice indeed for the money, can't lose in reality

Hope your turn up soon Ali, fingers crossed for no more snow your way Naff all to speak of here...
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Wish mine would.We've had no post all week.

Same as, stuck in snow somewhere
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm drunk.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

hi all,
    after reading this thread with interest i decided to purchase a few of these leads to evaluate and disect if nescesary to see how good or bad they are in my own system, i started off by using one pair from my power amps to my preamp, and one pair from CD player to preamp, well,,,i must say what i experienced was' as others have found very intersting! they do seem to produce an even balanced sonic presentation and as such produce a musical experience that is comfortable to listen to without reducing musical detail etc, the only real criticism i have from my short period of listening was that over all impact may be reduced but as stated that is my initial findings and a longer period of listening may prove that criticism to be misplaced.
    anyway, i decide to disect one to find out their construction and to get an understaning of how it does what it does etc, well, i must say i am impressed at the effort that has gone into its design, first thing you hit when you cut through the outer casing is a quite sparse copper screen which on its own i feel would be of little use as far as over-all screening duties are concerned, the next layer is a foil screen [much better] then you come to the intersting bit, the cable is of a balanced design, ie; using to cables of the same size etc for signal send and return, next is a bit of a shock to be honest, when you strip back each inner conductor insulation you find that each strand configuration is individualy insulated! but thats not it, the strands are of a diffrent construction, some are solid cores, some are of a twisted stranded type!
    needless to say, i have a lot of respect for the person or persons who came up with this design as they have clearly done their homework and have managed to produce a cable that [for the price] seems to cover most avenues as far as neutrality is concerned.
    Anthony,TD...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Well, based on what bodgee-boy's just written (lol), I've bought a couple of pairs (before the bloody price goes up! ), and when they arrive I'll compare them to my Mark Grants (and Barry's D.I.Y cables he has loaned me) to see what all the fuss is about......

Look out for a full review soon!

Marco.

P.S It would be interesting hearing what effect fitting better quality phono plugs to the undoubtedly excellent cable would make, as I suspect this is where the main costs have been cut.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast