+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Truly amazed

I'm Tom.

Default Truly amazed

As some of you might know, I do know a thing or two about cables

I really don't know what made me do it as I have more than enough wires to play with already, but I instantly needed a 2 metre pair so I bought these off ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_3672wt_1139

Belkin Pure AV Silver Series interconnects for a massive fiver a pair delivered.

For a mere fiver you get some great sounds and beats by a country mile many costing upwards of £100 and probably more. Most cables play with the audible spectrum so they either have a bass emphasis or a treble emphasis giving the proverbial "bright" or "warm" tonalities, but these cables demonstrate neither trait. Sparkling top end with excellent retrieval of details, clear midrange and a bottom end with plenty of weight, yet remaining taut.

There have been many "flavours of the month" cables which I have tried and been singularly unimpressed with, but these are a true revelation - they even made Bruce Windscreen sound listenable.
    Last edited by Effem; 27-11-2010 at 11:21.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hi Frank, looks very interesting indeed I can't work out how come they are so cheap, you couldn't buy the plugs for that money Talking about the plugs, i like the fact the centre pin is split to give a more solid contact...

Think i'll have to try out a pair myself, cheers for the link matey Very much appreciated
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm David.

Free postage as well, must be from the same job lot as the PF30 and PF40 units? Ordered 1 myself, the seller must have got them for free!

I'm David.

The seller is called olu olubaji FYI!

I'm Imjustsurviving.

just bought 2 pairs, if they are no good i will just re use the plugs with some mic lead
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Not quite sure i like the look of that guys feedback 96% isn't very hot
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    just bought 2 pairs, if they are no good i will just re use the plugs with some mic lead
    The plugs are enclosed in a plastic moulding so they won't be worth much once you have hacked them off.

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    The plugs are enclosed in a plastic moulding so they won't be worth much once you have hacked them off.

oh well its only a tenner
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Gary.

Well I orderd 4 sets any thing got to be better than what I have now lol
    Gary.
    Technics SE-9600-Technics SU-9600--Technics Technics RS-9900-ST-9600-Technics SH-9010 EQ-Hitachi HCA7500 pre Technics 1210mk2,SL P1200 cdp.Moth mkII RCM, Revox B77mKii,Pioneer CT-F1250-Nakamichi MR-1.Technics A900 mkll,Technics 631 cassette deck,Yamaha cr-1000 & Cr-600,Celestion Ditton 44's & 15xr's,Thorens TD-150mkll,Tascam 34,Akia 4000DS,Leak 2000 and assortment of Technics cd and minidisc players and Mission/AR/Kef speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast