+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unrealistic customer perception

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Well I come from the People's Republic of Stokes Croft and I'll take you all on
    Nae bother, Beechy boy, come into me... Toon Tongs, ya bass!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Awa n boil yer heid!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

LOL. Enough of this hilarity, back on topic...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Tim,
    Please don't take this too seriously,but why is it every American I've ever conversed with refers to the United Kingdom as England? There are after all many of us that do not live in England, i.e. the Scots,the Welsh and the Northern Irish!

Yours,Ali.(Scots and proud of it!)

Sorry for the O.T. post.
    Looking at this thread, a thought strikes me. Can any of you Welsh, Scots, Northumbrians or Bristolians tell me which state Tim comes from? No? Thought not. And how many would call him a Yank without thinking about it?

Shane (half Irish, half Scot, naturalised Devonian, call me English if you want to, as long as you're well meaning I don't mind).

And how many would call him a Yank without thinking about it?
    This point has already been covered. In Britspeak the term Yank applies to everyone from the USA both North and South of the Dixon/Mason line. A Yankee is someone hailing from North of this line. Thus Tim is a Yank but not a Yankee.

Whilst English is the language spoken by pretty much everyone living in the British Isles, English cannot be used as a generic description of everyone living there because (for some unknown reason) it causes offence to Scots, Welsh and Irish (who universally hate the English, probably out of jealousy )

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Toy View Post
    In Britspeak the term Yank applies to everyone from the USA both North and South of the Dixon/Mason line.
    In the same way that in Yankspeak, English means anyone form the UK perhaps?

In the same way that in Yankspeak, English means anyone form the UK perhaps?
    Simultaneous posting. I think I've covered the points.

As a customer, here are some things for you dealers to take on board. Why do you insist on charging sterling prices for imported components priced in dollars when the exchange rate is 2:1? Why are most of you so arrogant, opinionated and unapproachable when all you are selling are boxes of electronics? Why do you always answer a simple enquiry with a question aimed at undermining a customer's existing choice of equipment?

Understand these and you'll understand why so many customers do their utmost to look after their own interests. Wherever possible, I will buy from any source that offers me the fairest deal available. With very few exceptions that I know of, you guys just come across as self-serving and unhelpful, Sure, we all have to make a living but don't kill our hobby by being dismissive and greedy.

On the other hand I have never led a dealer up the garden path, I ask rarely for a demo as when the time comes to buy, the decision is usually backed up by months of research. So, if the price is right (FAIR!) for that component, if I walk into your shop or call you, you have more or less made a sale...

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by hiredfox View Post
    As a customer, here are some things for you dealers to take on board. Why do you insist on charging sterling prices for imported components priced in dollars when the exchange rate is 2:1? .
    Check this here: http://blog.listencarefully.co.uk/?p=3025

---//---
    Well, hello.

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by hiredfox View Post
    ...........if I walk into your shop or call you, you have more or less made a sale...
    Regretfully I can’t include clairvoyance as part of my suite of selling skills. In fact I don’t know any retailers that do.

Mind you, my pal Jim Dovey (late of KJ Leisuresound, Wigmore Street) told me to always look at the shoes. His view based on more years of experience than mine was that time-wasters don’t usually wear cheap footwear. But then again, that was before the trainers era.

--//--
    Well, hello.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast