I've only just (literally!) installed the EE MiniMax in my system, after a quick adjustment to the voltage rating to 240V (initially set to Hong Kong's 230V), and my first impression was a sense of "extreme openess" to the sound even though the sound hasn't really started to flesh out yet!

Transport duties are by the aging but reliable Marantz CD6000 OSE K.I.Signature, through the coaxial digital connection via a van den Hul D102 Mk.III Hybrid interconnect I had lying around ever since the MAD My Diamond Silver Signature took over... I'm still waiting for the Artisan Silver Cables' Digital Dream digital interconnect to be delivered

The Phase-in/out toggle brought about discernible differences which (to me, anyway) were more than subtle...

It's way too soon to make any more valid critical comments aside that it somehow sounds most unCD-like... so to sum up with two words I'd hazard to say a very "open & unforced" quality to the sound... and that applies to both the solid-state and tube output, though through the tube output you get a more satisfying "meatier" presentation

When away, I'll be playing IsoTek's Full System Enhancer & Rejuvenation Disc to expedite the burn-in process; I'll update you all again in due course

p.s. the first impressions was made through playing the original movie soundtrack of "NARNIA: Prince Caspian"