+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Audio Repairs North west

I'm Barry.

Default Audio Repairs North west

I have a 35 year old JVC receiver that was my first piece of kit, I'd like to get it going again but it keeps blowing fuses. Anybody recommend an audio hospital near Chester, Wirral or close to.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Halifax is the nearest I know.

I'm RichardbutpreferRich.

PM sent
    Rich

Source: Squeezebox Touch, Chinese AK4396 DAC, Pioneer PL-112D + Shure M75ED type2, Pioneer PD-7700 CDP
    Amp: Sansui AU-505
    Speakers: Ditton 44's

I'm Adam.

The fine fellow that is Haden Boardman at Audio Classics should be able to sort you out - he's in Bolton.

http://www.audioclassics.co.uk/
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Might be worth trying SS Radio in Wallasey, Tel: 0151 6386910
    65 Mill Lane, Wallasey, CH44 5UB

John

I'm Barry.

Thanks for the help I've got three avenues to pursue cheers.

I'm ChrisB.

I know it's of no use to Bazil any more, but someone may benefit from reading the following.....

I wanted a little work done on my Yamaha CR-1020 receiver and was told by a friend of a chap in Leigh, near Manchester who runs a company called PR Audio. So I took a look at his website yesterday morning and left a message using the web form there. I'd anticipated taking the 1020 to work (halfway there) with me one day and driving down to drop it off, and picking it up a week or so later.

So imagine my surprise and not to mention delight, when within the hour I received a phone call - '"What's the problem with your receiver and would you like me to pick it up and take a look at it?"
    Bearing in mind Leigh is about 50 minutes drive from me, it's pretty incredible that in under two and a half hours after my initial contact, Phil was stepping out of our front door with the Yamaha tucked under one arm. I got an email last night telling me all was done and would I like to come and collect it!

So in less than 24 hours from start to finish, the unit is back with me and singing it's heart out into my AR 44BXs.

That folks, is proper service!

I'm Martin.

That is good. I have enough broken kit to keep him busy for a year, might have to get in contact at some point.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread