+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick G modified Lentek Head Amp

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Nick,

Remember we were talking yesterday about you adding some components to the Lentek to reduce noise?

It was this comment of yours earlier I was referring to yesterday:

TBH, it is noisier than I would have hoped for anyway, I have a thought to try something with a couple of 2sk369 in each chan
    That's what I was on about.

If the 2sk369s simply reduce noise, without affecting the sound much, then that's something I'd like to try soon - or am I misunderstanding you and that these are fitted to something else other than the Lentek?

If that's the case, is there anything you could do to the circuit in the Lentek to make it less noisy, without starting again from scratch?

Btw, I haven't listened to it yet

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by lurcher View Post
    I left it on battery, I think it would be hard to get a low noise supply that was floating in the way a battery does.

I didnt change the transistors thats what I found under the silicon, I suspect they may be the same types BD380 (I think, the numbers were rubbed off) just different case.

I wonder if mine could be later - may explain the lack of potting compound...

I look forward to developments with interest
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Nick,

Remember we were talking yesterday about you adding some components to the Lentek to reduce noise?

It was this comment of yours earlier I was referring to yesterday:

That's what I was on about.

If the 2sk369s simply reduce noise, without affecting the sound much, then that's something I'd like to try soon - or am I misunderstanding you and that these are fitted to something else other than the Lentek?

If that's the case, is there anything you could do to the circuit in the Lentek to make it less noisy, without starting again from scratch?

Btw, I haven't listened to it yet

Marco.
    Its me not explaining whats going on in my head, sorry. I meant a new circuit, not part of the existing one. I think the Lentek is what it is, can't think of any obvious was of making it quieter.

--
    Nick
    Nick.

I'm Darrell.

Talking

Hi Guys, does anybody have the schematic for the lentek, at all, pretty please.....
    Darrell.

Di Do Do Dat Doh Don't Di Doh..Di Do Doh..Don;t Di.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I can re-post my pics to see of you can make sense of it all. You'll have to study hard to draw it out, but here goes...

The first one's pretty cr@p I admit. I'll try to dismantle it again and take a better photo of the print side...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Darrell.

Red face

Thank's Dave. to be honest I can't make head or tail of it, unless it's a schematic I'm knackered.
    Darrell.

Di Do Do Dat Doh Don't Di Doh..Di Do Doh..Don;t Di.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

I threatened to create a schematic of the circuit previously. Just need a nice straight & clear shot of the rear of the PCB & it should be possible...
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Gerard.

I will be interested to hear your thoughts Marco.
    I've had one of these for years (1983 or so) the last time I tried it can't say I was overly enamoured (it was with a 103 rather than 103R IIRC).
    Anyway happy to did it out and try, I always liked the idea of active with a battery.
    Regards
    Gerry

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Marco mentioned £60 on ebay - seen them go for £80 more recently.

Real shame as they would go for nearer £20 sell as recently as the beginning of the year - crazy how these things suddenly happen with the Internet <-> Ebay feedback loop.

Personally that puts them out of range for me for trying out as there are other things out there with better perceived value - the Sondex DE1 I recently sold for less than twice that is much more substantially built and with more flexiblity and importantly sounds fantastic and probably no need to do the upgrades either as it was all premium parts in the first place.

My whole recently purchased valve pre with dual volume controls and phono stage, full of Mullards was less than one Lentek battery, 4x transistor head amp. A lucky purchase perhaps (and don't yet know if it works) but just goes to show how prices become skewed.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by nat8808 View Post
    Marco mentioned £60 on ebay - seen them go for £80 more recently.

Real shame as they would go for nearer £20 sell as recently as the beginning of the year - crazy how these things suddenly happen with the Internet <-> Ebay feedback loop.

Personally that puts them out of range for me for trying out as there are other things out there with better perceived value - the Sondex DE1 I recently sold for less than twice that is much more substantially built and with more flexiblity and importantly sounds fantastic and probably no need to do the upgrades either as it was all premium parts in the first place.

My whole recently purchased valve pre with dual volume controls and phono stage, full of Mullards was less than one Lentek battery, 4x transistor head amp. A lucky purchase perhaps (and don't yet know if it works) but just goes to show how prices become skewed.
    Got one here I don't use. Anyone want it for £25 plus postage?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast