Hi Dave,

Grainy and grey? Not what you said when I complained of the same thing.....
I should've said 'grainy and grey' in comparison to the (£550) A23, when I originally tested them together

Look, as standard, for about £60 second-hand on Ebay, it's astonishingly good with a DL-103. However, as ever with anything in audio, things can be improved.

Seriously though, the main problem with the supplied wires is age, rather than weakness and the phono plugs were ok, although not very posh looking (mine weren't original anyway).
Similar to electrical components, Dave, the quality of plugs and cables has come a long way since the 80s. The stock items are distinctly poor by today's standards, and so needed replaced.

I do feel a cap change coming on with mine though, although i wouldn't go with the aggro in changing all the resistors, let alone trying to shoehorn huge transistors in (what is deemed to be inadequate in the originals please?). I'm genuinely interested, not being sarcastic or critical, as regarding the caps, I suspect Lentek used what was available and of good consistent quality for the times.
Re: the bit in bold. Did you mean caps or resistors instead, or am I misunderstanding you?

Nick will I'm sure explain why these were changed. Yes, Lentek would've used what was available at the time of decent quality, but remember that the quality of components these days, compared to those from nearly 30 years ago is more often than not far superior, so it's a no-brainer to upgrade the rather aged stock items.

Perhaps a parts-list please?????????
Did you miss this bit, daftee:

For reference, the component changes, wire and plugs in mine are as follows:

Ceramics were replaced with Wima FKP polyprop caps. Tants were replaces with OSCON SA caps.

The RCA sockets are CMC gold plated RCA sockets from HFC and the plugs are CMC-1036-WF RCA plug also from HFC. Cable is Shark double screened cable.

I look forward to reading the auditioning results while I plan world domination via Sowter instead (A23 is too dear and I have a box socketed up in readiness for the Sowters)
First impressions will likely be posted sometime tomorrow

Marco.