+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Nick G modified Lentek Head Amp

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Probably not the best way to handle customers Jez in that some of use like an active role in design and parts selection. I'm sure you can a much better head amp but I've not heard it so can't judge, the Lentek is a known entity and therefore worthy of investment unlike yours which is something that I'd have to spend £700+ on before I even had chance to hear it. A single review dosen't make a product. Anyway I'm already on with this project. Good luck with your future sales.
    Changes to the design are needed rather than mere parts selection. I will probably make an Arkless MkII head amp for my own use which can also go out for demo but it would be "cobbled together" in comparison to ones made for customers. This would not effect sound.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Andrew.

I have no issues with cobbled together. I remember trying your phonostage and writing a very positive review. You've certainly got the talent to produce these things but as I stated sometimes the fun, for the purchaser, is being part of the journey.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I have no issues with cobbled together. I remember trying your phonostage and writing a very positive review. You've certainly got the talent to produce these things but as I stated sometimes the fun, for the purchaser, is being part of the journey.
    As you very much were when I built that speed controller for you I encourage customers to have an input into what they receive but it stops short of the actual electronic engineering, ie the design, which for obvious commercial reasons I don't discuss in any detail on public forums. If customers want a particular brand of capacitor fitted etc then I'm fine with that... so long as it is a suitable choice technically of course.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    As you very much were when I built that speed controller for you I encourage customers to have an input into what they receive but it stops short of the actual electronic engineering, ie the design, which for obvious commercial reasons I don't discuss in any detail on public forums. If customers want a particular brand of capacitor fitted etc then I'm fine with that... so long as it is a suitable choice technically of course.

Fair point old bean.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Just out of interest, does anyone have any idea how gain the Lentek generates?
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

ok, its 28db!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

ok, looks like a have a few components as contenders for my Lentek modifications, so a few basic specs

1. Charcroft audio silver mica capicators
    2. Yannis tome 222 IC
    3. WBT-0110Ag Signature RCA's
    4. wbt-0210ag topline RCA sockets
    5. Charcroft z or S seris resistors
    6. Maybe a new case.

I want to try and increase gain if possible with resistor value tweaks. Looks like it's going to stay battery powered as I dont really want a complete redesign of the whole head amp to get a very noise free, floating power supply. Apart from that it looks like a fairly standard refurb of the innards with better quality componets.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm jamie.

just to revive this great thread,
    i now have 2 lenteks,one standard 'as they come' and one to mod.
    this evening i set about removing all the potting,the pcb is incased in a block of white silicone,after an hour of picking and cutting its all gone.

pic 1 is the what we see when the plastic cover is cut off.

an hour later.....

and here's a pick for people with more knowledge than me of the pcb and tracks going to the components.

so my plan is to replace the caps with high quality ones 1 at a time and compare against the standard one,also on the cards is making a bigger box for it and replace the rca connectors and cable/plugs.

any advice on components/values etc is more than welcome
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post

Pic of the underside

IMG_2683 by Alan Towell, on Flickr

Alan
    just reading through this thread and i noticed there appears to be at least 3 versions on the lentek,in the alans post above the second picture shows a mk3 pcb,mine has mk2 printed on it,

My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post

Pic of the underside

IMG_2683 by Alan Towell, on Flickr

Alan
    just reading through this thread and i noticed there appears to be at least 3 versions on the lentek,in the alans post above the second picture shows a mk3 pcb,mine has mk2 printed on it,

My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast