+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software for Sony SDT 9000

I'm Mark.

Default Software for Sony SDT 9000

Hi,

Can anyone help me. I have just bought a new Sony SDT 9000 drive, audio enabled, and was wondering where I could get a copy of the following software from so that I can use the software to record my DAT tapes to CD/DVD's:

VDAT,
    WINDAT
    DATDECK

also, I have just downloaded DAT2WAV but haven't got a clue on how to use it. Any help on this and the above plea will be most gratefully accepted.

Many Thanks

Mark

I'm Nick.

Hi Mark, and welcome. The following thread is a good guide to getting your SDT 9000 to play ball with audio DAT playback... http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5329

If you have a Mac, you can also try DATXtract http://pdicamillo.org/~peter/datxtract/

As far as DAT2WAV is concerned, once you've worked out which SCSI address your drive is on, it's just a matter of following the instructions in the Info file that comes with the executable. Familiarity with DOS helps though.

What kind of stuff do you listen to Mark, and what does the rest of your system look like?

PS. I'll move this to Digital Expressions later...
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Mark.

Default Audio Software for Sony SDT 9000

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    Hi Mark, and welcome. The following thread is a good guide to getting your SDT 9000 to play ball with audio DAT playback... http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5329

If you have a Mac, you can also try DATXtract http://pdicamillo.org/~peter/datxtract/

As far as DAT2WAV is concerned, once you've worked out which SCSI address your drive is on, it's just a matter of following the instructions in the Info file that comes with the executable. Familiarity with DOS helps though.

What kind of stuff do you listen to Mark, and what does the rest of your system look like?

PS. I'll move this to Digital Expressions later...
    Hi Nick,

I have read the article posted but all I want is a site to download the software as stated earlier.

Many Thanks

Mark

I'm Nick.

Thanks for clarifying

The old VDAT site seems to be unavailable now. You've got DAT2WAV, which served me well for a number of years til I found DATXtract for the Mac. How far have you got getting your system to work with that?
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Mark.

Thanks for clarifying

The old VDAT site seems to be unavailable now. You've got DAT2WAV, which served me well for a number of years til I found DATXtract for the Mac. How far have you got getting your system to work with that?
    Hi Nick

I don't have a Mac just a PC with an AMD Dual Processor, AMD64.

I have downloaded the DAT2WAV software, but have not got a clue as to how to use it with Windows XP Pro as the OS.

Can you help?.

I would prefer to use a 'Windows' dedicated piece of software for the SDT 9000 to use, if that is possible. Any Suggestions!.

The type of music I am going to transfer is a mix, but mainly Soul and Motown.

I have something like 40 DAT tapes to 'burn' to disc, so any advice/help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks

Mark

I'm Nick.

I must admit that I've not done much with this on a Windows machine for a number of years. But I checked out Joseph Gray's excellent DAT pages (http://www.zianet.com/jgray/dat/) and came across this, which also happens to be called DAT2WAV but is Windows native. You could try giving it a go:

http://dfsmith.net/downloads/

Kris, here, recently got his SDT9000 working in Windows, as you can see from the thread I posted. It might be worth dropping him a PM to see if he can help. He wrote some DOS Batch files to rip and playback with DAT2WAV the DOS program; Batch files make working with DOS as easy as clicking a shortcut.
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Mark.

Default SDT Software

I must admit that I've not done much with this on a Windows machine for a number of years. But I checked out Joseph Gray's excellent DAT pages (http://www.zianet.com/jgray/dat/) and came across this, which also happens to be called DAT2WAV but is Windows native. You could try giving it a go:

http://dfsmith.net/downloads/

Kris, here, recently got his SDT9000 working in Windows, as you can see from the thread I posted. It might be worth dropping him a PM to see if he can help. He wrote some DOS Batch files to rip and playback with DAT2WAV the DOS program; Batch files make working with DOS as easy as clicking a shortcut.
    Hi Kris,

Just downloaded the DATLib file, will try it tonight to see if it works. As far as contacting the other, I'm not sure of how to do that. But thanks anyway.

Regards

Mark

I'm Shaun.

Is this really the correct place for asking technical questions...?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

No

This discussion should be taking place in The Digital Impression.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Mark has pm'd me, I'll guide him through the steps.

Not been around for a while, but it's been a bad year for me health wise, worse than last year. 12 ops and a total of 50 days in hospital so far. Roll on next year!

Kris.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast