+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62

Thread: Ripping Guide

  1. #51
    Join Date: Apr 2009

    Location: Sheffield

    Posts: 2,034
    I'm Confused.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I don't think it's a 5 minute fix
    Good start here perhaps? : -

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Precision-...995#vi-content

    Cheers,
    Dave.
    DaveK.

    My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

  2. #52
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Rossendale, Lancashire

    Posts: 6,616
    I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    Good start here perhaps? : -

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Precision-...995#vi-content

    Cheers,
    Dave.
    Could be
    Chris

  3. #53
    Join Date: Jun 2009

    Location: Southampton, UK

    Posts: 1,318
    I'm Lee.

    Default

    Quick question: I just got my Beach Boys Smiley Smile cd with the mono/stereo mixes. I've ripped it with XLD and the mono tracks are the same size and bitrate as the stereo tracks. I thought they'd be around half that.

    Is that correct?
    Lee

    Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

    Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

    Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

    Last.fm

  4. #54
    Join Date: Nov 2010

    Location: Coventry

    Posts: 2,483
    I'm Will.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Quick question: I just got my Beach Boys Smiley Smile cd with the mono/stereo mixes. I've ripped it with XLD and the mono tracks are the same size and bitrate as the stereo tracks. I thought they'd be around half that.

    Is that correct?
    Just checked my 'Pet Sounds' mono + stereo FLAC rips and the stereo ones are about 60% larger than their mono counterparts...these were ripped by dBpoweramp at FLAC setting 5

    eg.

    Wouldn't it be nice (Mono) FLAC = 10.1 MB (10,632,345 bytes)
    Wouldn't it be nice (Stereo) FLAC = 16.3 MB (17,137,514 bytes)
    Cheers, Will

  5. #55
    Join Date: Jun 2009

    Location: Southampton, UK

    Posts: 1,318
    I'm Lee.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    Just checked my 'Pet Sounds' mono + stereo FLAC rips and the stereo ones are about 60% larger than their mono counterparts...these were ripped by dBpoweramp at FLAC setting 5

    eg.

    Wouldn't it be nice (Mono) FLAC = 10.1 MB (10,632,345 bytes)
    Wouldn't it be nice (Stereo) FLAC = 16.3 MB (17,137,514 bytes)
    Hmmm, same tracks for me are 14.1 MB on disk (14,109,409 bytes) mono and 17.8 MB on disk (17,790,718 bytes) stereo, ripped with XLD some time ago to ALAC. That's with artwork too, same on both.
    Lee

    Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

    Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

    Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

    Last.fm

  6. #56
    Join Date: Apr 2010

    Location: Nergenshuizen, NL

    Posts: 196

    Default

    If it was mono so single channel it would be half size indeed.
    But you canít have 1 channel audio on a CD.
    Hence you get dual mono

  7. #57
    Join Date: Jun 2009

    Location: Southampton, UK

    Posts: 1,318
    I'm Lee.

    Default

    Using XLD. Does anyone here know how to replace an old, low bit rate rip in iTunes with a new, lossless rip by actually replacing the file, but maintaining old play counts and such?

    Cheers
    Lee

    Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

    Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

    Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

    Last.fm

  8. #58
    Join Date: Aug 2012

    Location: Hartlepool UK

    Posts: 474
    I'm Alan.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Using XLD. Does anyone here know how to replace an old, low bit rate rip in iTunes with a new, lossless rip by actually replacing the file, but maintaining old play counts and such?

    Cheers
    Yep buy the CD and start again

    Alan

  9. #59
    Join Date: Jul 2012

    Location: Saddleworth.

    Posts: 118
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    I've just started to look at this little project, the software recommended in the OP is windows only as far as I can tell. I've had a go using Toast, but when its copied/converted it list the tracks alphabeticaly without track numbers, any sugestions for mac based ripping?
    Mike

    My kit

    Garrard 401, 12 inch Jelco SA Ė 750, Nagaoka MP-200, Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver Litz tonearm cable, XTZ A100 D3, Azur 650C CDP with Yannis Tome 223.5 Connect-Litz cables, Speakers - B&W DM2, Graham Slee Novo headphone amp, Sennheiser HD650

  10. #60
    Join Date: Feb 2012

    Location: Falun, Sweden

    Posts: 1,299
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike - H View Post
    I've just started to look at this little project, the software recommended in the OP is windows only as far as I can tell. I've had a go using Toast, but when its copied/converted it list the tracks alphabeticaly without track numbers, any sugestions for mac based ripping?
    My recommendation is XLD, X Lossless Decoder. There are others but XLD does what it should. Set up correctly it rips with CRC-checking and creates nicely tagged files in most relevant formats..

    Regards
    /Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •