+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripping Guide

I'm notAlone.

Use iTunes or Windows Media (depending on your OS), they are less fussy for ripping defective sectors.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm NoLongerActive.

You might try that other Mount Everest of ripping software; dbPoweramp
    Is paid but a 21 day free trial
    Probably gives you better meta data.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Thanks chaps - itunes works on these (I already ripped my collection once to AAC...) so itunes to WAV, and then convert could be the answer.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Thanks chaps - itunes works on these (I already ripped my collection once to AAC...) so itunes to WAV, and then convert could be the answer.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I've also had a couple of PMs regarding sources if I can't get these tracks ripped - many thanks, and I'm probably sorted so thanks again AoS.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm John.

Welcome to the world of file based audio Alex

First thing is to go to your doctors and get a tranq script
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm Bernie.

In my experience laptop drives are rubbish! You can get an internal PC drive and a cradle for it and plug it into the USB port of the laptop. This will give you better quality reads and writes in my opinion.

What I do is use EAC for creating my Flacs. If this fails I use a product called Audiograbber, which usually works OK, to create a WAV of the missing songs and then convert them to Flac after that.

http://www.audiograbber.org/download.html

I also use MP3Tag for artwork/tags and if this fails I use Album Art Downloader, which finds artwork from multiple sites.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/

Hope this is helpful Alex. Works for me.
    Bernie.

I'm John.

What he said
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

Thanks chaps!
    Alex

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Kars View Post
    You might try that other Mount Everest of ripping software; dbPoweramp
    Is paid but a 21 day free trial
    Probably gives you better meta data.
    +1
    Cheers, Will

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast