+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripping Guide

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    Thanks Chris. I'll have a look at dBPoweramp
    That's my go to ripper.
    The other thing to consider is the quality of the optical drive.
    I recently had to replace the optical drive on my desktop PC - it was replaced with a Pioneer DVD/RW drive, and it's far, far better than the drive it replaced.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    That's my go to ripper.
    The other thing to consider is the quality of the optical drive.
    I recently had to replace the optical drive on my desktop PC - it was replaced with a Pioneer DVD/RW drive, and it's far, far better than the drive it replaced.
    When I did the majority of my rips I used EAC and an Old LG external cd rom drive with external psu. It did make a difference. As I dont do many now and my system is different I now just use JRiver and a inboard cdrom drive. They are not quite as good in many cases but tbh they are still pretty good. JR21 is quite decent now
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

I use two main apps for ripping, Easy CD Converter when in windows domain and XLD when using Mac. The latter is afreebie and works wonderfully, logging and comparing checksums online.
    While Easy CD does the same it cost a couple of tenners. For me though it is worth every penny ten times over. Its main purpose for me is editing tags and converting between different formats. Works perfectly!
    https://www.poikosoft.com

I'm Lee.

Does anyone know how to rip audio from a dvd-audio disc losslessly?

I have the New Gold Dream (81, 82, 83, 84) box set which has a dvd-audio disc with some videos on it but the part I want is the PCM 2.0 stereo version of the album.

Thanks
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

DVD Audio Extractor.
    Chris

I'm Grant.

Should get a trial free of that. Ive used it myself, and its good.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Should get a trial free of that. Ive used it myself, and its good.
    unfortunately, I appear to have downloaded it before, although I don't recall using it (I don't have any other dvd-a discs). The trial has now expired.
    Lee

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    unfortunately, I appear to have downloaded it before, although I don't recall using it (I don't have any other dvd-a discs). The trial has now expired.
    Didn't you ask about ripping audio from standard DVD video discs a few years ago?
    Chris

I'm Grant.

Try another pc and email if it asks
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Didn't you ask about ripping audio from standard DVD video discs a few years ago?
    ah yes, it might have been for a concert dvd.
    Lee

Last.fm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast