+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matched 2SK170-BL Jfets?

I'm Dave.

Default Matched 2SK170-BL Jfets?

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get matched pairs of 2SK170-BL Jfets in the UK? I'm trying to avoid paying international shipping fees.

Cheers.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

I'll keep my eyes open for you as i'm often hunting for components However, these are very rare parts & you are more likely to find horse feathers here in the UK

Matched is even worse
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Dave.

Thanks Mark. Why is nothing ever simple?

I need these for a buffer I'm hoping to build. Specifically THIS one. It only mentions using 2SK170-BL but as the design is based on the Pass B1, I should be able to use either the LSK170 or 2SK370 as an alternative. Perhaps other similar Jfets could also be substituted. More info HERE.

The PCB supplier can't supply matched Jfets but he's told me about a couple of people that do them. I presume they are in the US though.

Out of the above models, I can only find 2SK370 in stock in the UK at Farnell. However I don't know which of the 8 versions I need or how to match them. Any ideas? They also seem to be mosfets which doesn't seem right.

Cheers.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hi Dave, the only thing i can suggest right now is that you take a look here

Looks like you'll be able to buy them matched & the bl version, unfortunately not in the UK though

E2A:- looks like you may already know about them
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

If your struggling to find matched pairs you should be able to use unmatched ones too , fit the one with lowest IDSS in the current source position
    Cheers,
    Leo

I'm Dave.

Thanks for the link Mark, that wasn't one of the sellers I was aware of.

Thanks for the info Leo. I'll keep that as my backup plan.

There seems to be a Chinese seller on eBay that sells matched sets of 4 or 8. He has BL and V versions. Does anyone know what the difference is?

Cheers.

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

Highest rated IDSS of V version is higher than BL
    Cheers,
    Leo

I'm Duncan.

hi,
    I have some of these left over from a pass b1 I 've built. How many do you need? Or for that matter anybody want a nice prototype Nelson Pass B1 preamp in an Acrylic and Iroko case, one input with a 24 stepped ladder pot regulated power supply with toroidal transformer.

Duncan

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by tubehunter View Post
    hi,
    I have some of these left over from a pass b1 I 've built. How many do you need? Or for that matter anybody want a nice prototype Nelson Pass B1 preamp in an Acrylic and Iroko case, one input with a 24 stepped ladder pot regulated power supply with toroidal transformer.

Duncan
    How much ?
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by leo View Post
    Highest rated IDSS of V version is higher than BL
    Thanks Leo. I did a bit of digging and it sounds like the BL version is preferred for B1 based project so I'll stick with that.

Quote Originally Posted by tubehunter View Post
    hi,

Duncan
    Hi Duncan. I preferably need 4 matched 2SK170-BL or if yours aren't matched I guess I'll need more so I can match them. Unless you can match them? Let me know what you can offer and at price. Could you also PM me a price for your B1 as well? Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast