+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: How to Connect an External Dc Supply to the SL-1200/1210

I'm Kevin.

Did you put the earth in the correct place, as I think the picture does not show it in the optimum position.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Incisions View Post
    I have been asked by a respected member ov this forum to let you all know that the Timestep HE PSU instructions...(for my unit that arrived this week) Are dated Monday 21 June 2010. Instruction 10 states to fit the solder tag to the top right hand PCB screw.....Not to the bottom left screw for correct grounding as has been pointed out in this forum....
    No, that's wrong. If you look at the ground plane on the underside of the motor control PCB, you will see that all ground tracks return to the hole which corresponds to the lower left pillar as you look at the deck normally. That is the pillar where the ground tag should go.

I'm Hamish.

Hmmm. I connected it to the bottom left...the correct place...rereading my comment..I see its sounds like I followed Dave Cs...INCORRECT PLACMENT... I Definatly connected to bottom Left...The piurpose ov my message was to state Dave C has not revised the correct placment for the grounding ov his PSU.
    Last edited by Sonic Incisions; 09-11-2013 at 04:13. Reason: hadnrt finished writing
    We are all the same in that We are very different.

I'm Andrew.

Welp, after reading all the external PSU of threads, I’ve just finished installing a new Paul Hynes SR4T on my 1200. I’m one happy camper, even if I did spend my lunch money on a posh choice, no regrets! I’m only 3 records in so far but will say that removing the AC is an immediate improvement.

I'm Sunil.

Hi guys. I’m a bit late to the party but if anyone can send me a link to a top end toroidal transformer I can use to build a psu, that would be gratefully recieved and much appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Sunil

I'm Ian.

An eBay search will produce a replacement Toroidal Transformer looks like an RS component.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910