Quote Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy View Post
Sorry, but I'm just not getting it. You are going to go:

Digital -> Analogue -> Digital -> Analogue -> Amp ?

Every time you convert from one domain to another you introduce entropy. While a quick look at their website shows that minidsp do not do a digital input to the dual output device, it does seem like it shouldn't be too hard to avoid a seperate DAC entirely and either use their other kit or get something similar and cut out 3 of the conversions...
Yes, you are right.

Only now I saw that they are selling also the "miniStreamer" that should do exactly the same as an external DAC... but I did not find any review about the sound quality you get with that combination.

I would need and aditional control volume in this case, but it seems to be not so dificult based on the manual instructions, only a 10k linear potentiometer.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
This is just a suggestion & it'll cut out a load of digital/analogue conversions

Why not get a USB to S/PDIF interface & then making a small transformer on a ferrite bead mount this inside of a decent phono plug & run a balanced 110 ohm digital line to a Behringer DCX-2496 as this will accept a digital input of up to 24 bit & 96Khz. The DCX is a digital crossover which then converts to analogue on up to three outputs per channel.

You'd then need a single 6 way ganged volume control or stepped attenuator for volume control. It keeps everything in the digital domain up to the outputs of the DCX crossover

DCX-2496 Ultradrive Pro
I don't think I have the knowledge to try that