+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help fitting an SME 3009 to TD124 armboard

I'm Josie.

Default Help fitting an SME 3009 to TD124 armboard

Hello there.

I've just got a new armboard for my TD124. It's a pre-cut SME type but where do I place the base plate along the slot?

The slot btw is angled. I just need to know if it matters where I screw the plate in as there are no screw holes.

I hope that makes sence.

Many thanks
    Joe
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

I think you need the SME template ' perhaps on the Bay , this will give you the correct mounting position .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Dave.

You can get a template from SME or from Vinyl Engine on the web.

However, the arm sits squarely over the slot, so you don't have to use a template, you can do it by eye.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

You can also find what you need on Vinyl Engine.
    (someone got here before me )
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Nobody.

The sausage shape cut out should be the size or fractionaly bigger than the same shape in your SME bed plate! Just line em both up drill the four mounting holes, be easier to remove the bed plate, take the rubbers out, do your holes, rubbers back in, plate back on, just unscrew the bedplate fixing each side of the plate it will just come off, or you may have to slip the can off!.You shouldnt need a template cos it should have been worked out before they machined the hole..If your unsure fit armboard to the deck how it is, get a tape measure & measure from platter centre to approx centre of cut out should be around.213/215 mm..You can get more sliding adjustment with the 3009 than you can a regular slotted headshell.

I'm Josie.

thats great guys... many thanks. I'll give it a go.

Cheers
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread