+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Philips CD104

I'm David.

Default cd104

Hi Andre'
    Just measured the belt it 1.30mmsquare on my digital caliper.Hope this helps.Dave.
    Don't need any Tannoys - I've got the best. All cables supplied by pound shop or better.
    Cheatfinder General.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hewitt View Post
    Hi Andre'
    Just measured the belt it 1.30mmsquare on my digital caliper.Hope this helps.Dave.
    Thanks Dave it's the diameter i was after this ones mega stretched

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Even so they were expensive to make and Philips effectively sold every one at a loss. They were replaced by the considerably value-engineered CD160 which was an absolute dog's dinner.

I had a CD104B, the black one and an improvement over the original CD104. Superbly built, however in stuffing everything into a comparitively small-sized case, the components ran hot and several of the dozens and dozens of solder joints could either go "dry" and noisy, or fail.

Eventually mine developed a fault which meant once loaded, the disc would not spin up to speed. I ditched it and swapped my allegiance to Sony.

Regards
    Don't worry i'm aware of the weak areas that are potential issues, but 25 years old just needs a belt, good going i say.

I'm David.

Default cd 104

Hi Andre,back again,belt is 55.5mm on the calipers when lightly stretched .Hope this helps
    Dave.
    Don't need any Tannoys - I've got the best. All cables supplied by pound shop or better.
    Cheatfinder General.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hewitt View Post
    Hi Andre,back again,belt is 55.5mm on the calipers when lightly stretched .Hope this helps
    Dave.
    Brilliant your a star, i'll get a selection within 10mm of that size each way, can't go wrong then

Thanks again & thanks for your time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12