+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I want to replace my Naim CD 5 player,but I am on a budget

Are they going to sell a DAC as well? Jeez, like a lot of UK companies are now jumping on the band wagon.

I'm Dave.

Is that the 'band wagon' that started rolling around 25 years ago ?....

The Rega DAC will be £500 and available in November, with any luck.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Is that the 'band wagon' that started rolling around 25 years ago ?....
    Nope, the one that started a few years back when customers started looking for a DAC1 type performance at half the price. The £400 price range is finding itself heavily populated by the month. Not that it is going to affect me mind you. I don't have to worry about the 60% dealer margin, which will allow me to stay in the entry level price range with a midrange to high end development program.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

With deepest respect Stan, Rega give little more than half your quoted margin on their goodies as far as I'm aware. I wonder how much better than the Naim DAC it will be
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Dave.

'Budget' DAC's have been around for years. For instance, back in the 80's we sold around 1500 Dac-in-the-Box from Audio Alchemy. A stunningly good DAC at £199.00 even with a dealer mark up.

I'm ILOB.

I think the biggest change in DAC use has been computer audio for a few years DACs were nearly a thing of the past but now seen as a good way to get great audio at reasltic prize levels
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345