+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to replace my Naim CD 5 player,but I am on a budget

I'm Nuno.

Default I want to replace my Naim CD 5 player,but I am on a budget

Hi all,
    I want to replace my Naim cd 5 player,but I donīt want to spend more than 600-700 Ģ
    For that kind of money,what can I get?It must be new,because the reason I want to replace the Naim is it age!

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by nbaptista View Post
    Hi all,
    I want to replace my Naim cd 5 player,but I donīt want to spend more than 600-700 Ģ
    For that kind of money,what can I get?It must be new,because the reason I want to replace the Naim is it age!
    Just get the naim serviced, if you still like your naim player. Or if you don't like it get a squeezebox, or something similiar and stream your audio
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.
    Powered by Custom-HiFi-Cables DC2 psus

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Agreed,buy a Squeezebox and a decent dac.

I'm Nuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stockwell View Post
    Just get the naim serviced, if you still like your naim player.
    Good idea.What I like of the Naim is the Prat,I wonder if I would get it from an Exposure,a Creek or a Rega for example?
    But as important as Prat is the musicality
    Last edited by nbaptista; 04-10-2010 at 20:46.

I'm Chris.

See if you can get to hear the new Audiolab 8200CD. It's Ģ700. Not sure how much it is in Euros. It's apparently a very very good CD player and also a very very good DAC so it keeps your options open for the future. I haven't heard it yet though.

I like the Exposures, haven't heard the Creeks and have hated all the Regas.
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

I'm Nuno.

Iīve heard a Cambridge 650 C.Good timing and punch,it was a surprise,I thought that Cambridge was more relaxed.

I'm David.

I had a cd5, I was never overly sure about it... I think get the same "prat" (or at least what I think peat is) out of my linn ds without the brash hard edges i felt i got from the naim cd5, I think you will be suprised how good a computer based source can be! Id sell the cd5 whilst it still has good value... naim are going down the computer based source route and it's gonna effect second hand naim cd player sales if it hasn't already... Ģ600-Ģ700 is surely enough to get a pretty bloody decent streamer and dac! Make that step, you wont look back
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Nuno.

But the Linn costs more than 1000Ģ,no?

I'm David.

Sneaky ds doesn't ...
    I wasnt really suggesting that the majik is better than the cd5, more that what I think of as "prat" is atainable without the brashness that some naim kit puts out. The idea of prat is, I think, synonymous with naim kit, I was trying to reasure you that you might find prat from other brands ... But a presentation of prat that is less brash...
    Does that make any sence? Sorry for the confusion ...
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

Marco, help me out hear, I know you know exactly what I'm trying to say!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast