+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sneaky ds

I'm David.

which ds do you have fred?

(you migh get a request from the forum police to put something in the welcome section at some point soon so that might be worth doing )
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hamish,I use a Drobo and find it a great piece of kit.Plenty on ebay.

Hi Hamish, just written war and peace in the welcome section before the suggestions get less subtle. But to answer your question it is an Accurate with dynamic upgrade which does make a huge difference but upsets my Krell when I want to use the phono stage, so I suspect it is a little noisy being a switched mode supply. I find the off switch solves this problem though on the small amount of time I use the turntable.
    Fred.

I'm David.

Yeah, the dynamik psu is a vast upgrade!
    Akurate eh, that's my only upgrade path... But I find the connectivity of the majik ds-I too usefull at the mo... (and I'm skint)
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

When I jump from CD I tried the whole Linn range and there is quite a difference between the two but sometimes I do wish for a digital out. I also tried the Naim side of the coin but you can see which way I jumped. As for being skint your not the only one, my stop gap phono stage which was only supposed to fill in for a couple of months is still looking at me a year later.
    Though I do like the idea of active speakers, she likes horns and since she is paying for them I think she will win and I don't think I will kick a pair of big Aparas out of the house. All she is waiting for is for me to finance the matching amps so she may have to wait awhile.
    Fred.

I'm David.

the akurate is defiantly an improvement over the majik, i heard one when i was last at my dealer, although only for a short time as i told them to turn it off.... i dont mind listening to the klimax, as it is way above the sort of money i could ever justify... the akurate though... tempting... especially at the £3k s/h value...
    but like i said, im happy with the ds-i for now... until of course they bring out a akurate ds-i... then im really in trouble
    good to have another fellow linn ds user in the otherwise sea of linn sceptics that is the art of sound
    we just need a klimax user now and aos with have the full set

I spent two day's going between Klimax and Accurate and it was a horrid call to make. I just couldn't justify the huge leap in price, if it had been 7 or 8K then I would have gone the whole hog but at 3 times the price Also my other half is very much involved with the final choice and yes she reads all the magazines and knows what she likes. So no sneaking stuff in either as she will not only tell me what it is but how much it costs. The good news is I don't have to justify how much the hifi costs or how big it is

Fred
    Fred.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Yeah, the dynamik psu is a vast upgrade!
    Akurate eh, that's my only upgrade path... But I find the connectivity of the majik ds-I too usefull at the mo... (and I'm skint)
    This is one thing that annoys me about commercial kit.Why didn't they design a decent PSU in the first place!

Ok,yes I know,so they can fleece more money out of you.Beats me why the mags always call this "A good upgrade path" What bollocks! Should have made it good in the first place!

Rant over.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    the akurate is defiantly an improvement over the majik, i heard one when i was last at my dealer, although only for a short time as i told them to turn it off.... i dont mind listening to the klimax, as it is way above the sort of money i could ever justify... the akurate though... tempting... especially at the £3k s/h value...
    but like i said, im happy with the ds-i for now... until of course they bring out a akurate ds-i... then im really in trouble
    good to have another fellow linn ds user in the otherwise sea of linn sceptics that is the art of sound
    we just need a klimax user now and aos with have the full set
    Just biding my time...
    I'm curious though Hamish. What part of the DSi do you use, as opposed to your old majikDS ?

I'm David.

Digital inputs from DVD and freesat(for radio) ... In my set up the majik sounds more dynamic than the caiman, so using the inputs on it makes loads of sence...

Ali, yeah, right on, cost me money that was worth it for the upgrade, but so annoying that it wasn't built in the first place

Te is more of a story behind the dynamik though, the built it after they lost supply o the previous one, so it is now a standard in the ds units ... It's only the people who bought it before it was standard, like me that suffer... When they put the dynamik in the price of the standard unit stayed the same...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast