Thread: Digital Cables

I'm Roy.

Default Digital Cables

roy
    pfm Member
    Today at 10:02 AM
    Add bookmark
    Hello
    I am intending to use an Innuos Mini Zen Mk 3 and PSU into a pair of active AVI DM10 stand-mount speakers and I have a number of dilemmas:-
    The Ethernet cable to the Innuos is too short and it needs to run through an insulated loft for about 6m. There are inexpensive Chinese-made cables on eBay, but I have only seen reputable names like Supra and Audioquest cables so far that are custom-made to length.
    The outputs and inputs on my kit are analogue, coaxial and optical. I have tried my Mogami analogue interconnect, a friend’s QED Reference coaxial lead and a throwaway optical lead so far. The coaxial input is marginally the best sounding on first listening.
    The only options for a supplier so far are the Future Shop and av.com, as there are no local dealers near to me in Gloucestershire.
    Can anyone recommend a supplier please?
    What Ethernet cable is recommended?
    Is the QED Reference good enough, or is there a better coaxial cable at the price?
    Is it worth getting a high quality optical lead? If so, which one?
    My budget is around £100 for each of the cables, as I am not a strong believer in spending any more on snake oil products.
    Many thanks for any advice received.
    Roy

I'm inthescottishmafia.

This is very good by the accounts I've read. Don't let thge price put you off-
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08P8Y29...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Roy.

I have now bought UGREEN Cat 7 Ethernet cable and Mark Grant coaxial cable. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread