+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting the Hi-Fi Mojo Back

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Phil.

fascinating to read of your journey Adrian in hospitality in Devon . Have you given it up now in Seaton ?

I guess many of us if babies come along or other responsibilities happen find it hard to get back into music . I find these forums stimulate me and the many FB groups i am on . and trying all the different equipment is brilliant .
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    fascinating to read of your journey Adrian in hospitality in Devon . Have you given it up now in Seaton ?

I guess many of us if babies come along or other responsibilities happen find it hard to get back into music . I find these forums stimulate me and the many FB groups i am on . and trying all the different equipment is brilliant .
    We stopped hospitality in March 2014 when we moved to Seaton and got rid of the mortgage, too many new H&S rules and Fire Reg issues making it prohibitive, plus we wanted out own space. As it turned out it was just as well, as in March 2016 I had a heart attack, it would have been very tricky if we were still doing B&B, and had a mortgage.

Whilst recovering from my health issues as best I could I had lots of time to contemplate my naval and the meaning of life, and music became the backdrop for that. I went back to work part time for about 2.5 years, on and off, but struggled physically and I suppose mentally as I found stress at work impacted me greatly. Eventually I was medically retired on the advice of GP and Cardiac Consultant. A strange and unexpected episode in my life, it took me several years to realise I would never be the same as I was before, but then none of us are as time marches on. I look at as positively as I can, I am still kicking around and have been able to take things are lot easier than most can. Sue and I try and do and experience as much as we can together, and even went to Australia for a month last year for our Ruby wedding, something I would not have dreamed of being able to do 4 or 5 years ago, we are lucky to be in a position to do so.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread