+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Experience Filtration power block

I'm David.

Default Experience Filtration power block

So this is nice......... had a cable tidy up today and got a hifi improvement as a reward which I wasn't expecting.
    I've got a 6 way Belkin mains block and a 6 way monster I picked up second hand years back which has a label saying Experience Filtration Ultimate Communicator. I didn't pay much attention to what was plugged into which until this morning when I decided to experiment.
    I now have only the Croft Pre and Power amps run into the Experience and the Belkin powers the CD / DVD / Soncoz DAC (currently only used for wireless streaming) / TV and there's a definite improvement but I've no idea why.
    The imaging's really tightened up and treble has a real ring to it.
    Happy days.
    Mark Levinson 390S CD / Audiolab 6000 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Good work there David.

Sometimes plugging everything into the one power strip/conditioner is not the best way.

Personally I have never heard any advantage in using a mains power conditioner with my audio set up: until I had a dedicated ring main installed for my audio system, I used an Olsen 6-way power strip (but with the neon on/off switch removed).

However for the upstairs TV system, the various components are plugged into an ASR surge protected 6-way power strip, itself fed by a Monster Power Centre HTS 1600 mains conditioner. I think the picture is a little sharper, but I could be fooling myself.
    Barry

I'm David.

Phew........ I thought I'd unplugged AOS by mistake.
    Glad to have you back
    Mark Levinson 390S CD / Audiolab 6000 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

+ Reply to Thread