+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RSD 2024

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    went up there - about a dozen people queueing outside - but I was told that early doors there was a line all the way to the corner of the street, which is quite a distance.

Only two at a time allowed in the shop but he knows me so he let me in too.

Eventually he brought a trestle table out onto the pavement and put what was left on that. Someone paid £30 for a Bowie album. No CDs (might have been interested in the 2CD De La Soul but no dice).

So just had my usual root through the s/h CDs. Must have been some big Country fan dump his collection as there was a ton of Waylon Jennings and Conway Twitty.

Anyway got 8 albums including an original CD release of 'Aja' (flat transfer from a master) which I'd been after for a while. £28 the lot so better value than the Bowie LP although no doubt that will be £300 in a few years.

Lots of youngsters in the queue plus a bloke who looked like a miniature Walter Becker.
    Didn't know they were in the band. I remember Stuart Adamson... I'm so sorry, I'll get me coat

Wasn't this was it? Mine came off car boot and won'r have been more than a couple of quid.

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That one is available from Etsy for £64.
    No rush, I read somewhere there 8000 copies, so hopefully will be able to pick it up at a decent price, £64 well overpriced
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Didn't know they were in the band. I remember Stuart Adamson... I'm so sorry, I'll get me coat

Wasn't this was it? Mine came off car boot and won'r have been more than a couple of quid.

No it was this one:

2xCD box.

He didn't order in any of the CDs - and I couldn't be arsed to walk up into the town to see if they had it at the other shop.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I did my own "RSD" today, but was done trawling the charity shops!

Nine CDs for £6, not too bad.
    Barry

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That one is available from Etsy for £64.
    Just ordered online £40.99, plus delivery , so quite happy
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Well done Robin.
    Barry

I'm Josie.

Some shops put the surplus up for grabs on the net for extortionate prices. I bought Gallows Pole soundtrack by Goat for £27. Looked on the net and quite a few places had it for £70.

Disgusting behaviour for participating shops to do that, shame on them.

Sent from my BBC Microcomputer 32K
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Some shops put the surplus up for grabs on the net for extortionate prices. I bought Gallows Pole soundtrack by Goat for £27. Looked on the net and quite a few places had it for £70.

Disgusting behaviour for participating shops to do that, shame on them.

Were they definitely shops? I had a quick search on Ebay for Alison Goldfrapp's "The Love Reinvention" (which is a RSD 24 release, though I don't know how much the shops were asking). A few businesses selling it on Ebay for around £40 with the postage. But as for "private" sellers, well... they were all taking the piss, but this one gets the crown... name and shame!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186405644...Bk9SR8jmzIblYw

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Josie.

Yep, deffo shops. Just checked again and the prices are more normal now.

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Steve.

Maybe they saw your earlier post and developed a conscience

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast