+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RSD 2024

I'm Robin.

Had another look at the list, there is a Talking Heads album and a Lowell George album which I might pick up depending on the prices.
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Martin.

Not a collector or trader so I don't really know, but my understanding is that a lot of the stuff from previous years has appreciated considerably in value?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Robin.

That was a quick trip to the local shop, Talking Heads sold out very early, didn’t have anything else I was looking for
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not a collector or trader so I don't really know, but my understanding is that a lot of the stuff from previous years has appreciated considerably in value?
    The only record I ever bought on Record Store Day was about 8 or 9 years ago, and it was a mono recording of Deep purple's Book of Taliesyn on white vinyl (don't judge me, I didn't know till I got it home). I'll have paid about 20 quid iirc. Just seen one on Ebay for £38, so that won't be financing a Caribbean cruise.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    That was a quick trip to the local shop, Talking Heads sold out very early, didn’t have anything else I was looking for
    No doubt a few copies will turn up on the Ebay at hugely inflated prices.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    No doubt a few copies will turn up on the Ebay at hugely inflated prices.
    If I cant find it online wont be bothering with an inflated price on EBay
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I've just looked. There are plenty of Talking Heads LPs to be had on-line for around £25 or less.
    Barry

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I've just looked. There are plenty of Talking Heads LPs to be had on-line for around £25 or less.
    Yes there will be but not the RSD Rhino Live 2lp set on Rhino
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Martin.

went up there - about a dozen people queueing outside - but I was told that early doors there was a line all the way to the corner of the street, which is quite a distance.

Only two at a time allowed in the shop but he knows me so he let me in too.

Eventually he brought a trestle table out onto the pavement and put what was left on that. Someone paid £30 for a Bowie album. No CDs (might have been interested in the 2CD De La Soul but no dice).

So just had my usual root through the s/h CDs. Must have been some big Country fan dump his collection as there was a ton of Waylon Jennings and Conway Twitty.

Anyway got 8 albums including an original CD release of 'Aja' (flat transfer from a master) which I'd been after for a while. £28 the lot so better value than the Bowie LP although no doubt that will be £300 in a few years.

Lots of youngsters in the queue plus a bloke who looked like a miniature Walter Becker.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Yes there will be but not the RSD Rhino Live 2lp set on Rhino
    That one is available from Etsy for £64.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast