+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap weather for April

I'm Steve.

Yesterday the gritters went past our house. Surely not. This morning the grass and the cars have a covering of frost, but I do think the council were being over cautious.

We don't live on a main road, but we were on a bus route, and as such had to be gritted. It ceased to be a bus route about 15 years ago, but it seems no one has told the gritters yet... Oh well, makes it safer for the rest of us.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Robin.

A damp 8c this morning
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm guy.

Bright and sunny this morning. Put clothes wash on, so bound to rain later
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Martin.

dry until mid afternoon then rain again (not forecast).

Still bloody cold here, if the leaves weren't on the trees you'd think it was the middle of winter.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I have this mate/occasional work colleague who likes a good conspiracy theory. Yesterday he was wondering why the government aren't doing anything about the shocking weather, like they did for the lockdown period 2020. Reckons it could only help their chances at the next general election.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Just as bad up here - strong winds have blown all the cherry blossoms off the tree, and so now the petals are all stuck to the Volvo which now looks like it's moonlighting as a wedding car. And the heavy rain will have washed away all the road salt in time for more frost tonight. World's gone mad.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

forecast says will rain all night, then start again tomorrow afternoon.

Giving out dry all next week, I bet that doesn't happen. Temperatures not making into double figures for the foreseeable either. You can guarantee that bit will be accurate.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I have this mate/occasional work colleague who likes a good conspiracy theory. Yesterday he was wondering why the government aren't doing anything about the shocking weather, like they did for the lockdown period 2020. Reckons it could only help their chances at the next general election.
    How do you know they haven't? They've already ruined everything, so why should the weather be any different?
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

We have had a fine day here today. Sunny, not too cold for me to cut the grass.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    How do you know they haven't? They've already ruined everything, so why should the weather be any different?
    It was reported today that Conservative MP Mark Menzies has been threatened by the Met Office that unless he pays them £5,000 we will be in for a rubbish summer.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast