+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grant Brown (Struth) Moderator - RIP

I'm Geoff.

This is awfully sad news, Grant was a smashing chap and a good chum!

Very sorry I was unable to respond sooner, but I was incommunicado for a few days due to being in the midst of a house move.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ian.

Grant was indeed a gent. His response to others posts was always positive and supportive which is what a good moderator does. Very sad to hear of his passing.

I'm Josie.

Hi all.

I just wanted to update you all. Grant didn't want a funeral. He chose to be cremated with just a small gathering of family.

Also, his family has a link to this thread so they will be checking it. It's nice to know that your words of sympathy will be reaching his family.

Thank you to Edward for the info.

Blessed be, Grant.

Sent from my BBC Microcomputer 32K
    Last edited by The Black Adder; 27-03-2024 at 12:55.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Dave.

Just like to say that Grant was such a nice, friendly, helpful chap. Had many a laugh with him over the years and always looked forward to his replies to my posts. He was one of the reasons I have been a regular poster on AOS.

Grant leaves a big space on here.

God bless you Grant.

I'm simon.

very sad news.
    only exchanged a few messages with him personally but read a lot of his contributions.
    terrible shame.
    DIGITAL:flac/pc/foobar/wasapi>Chord Qutest> Frans' (Solderdude) headphone correction filter>Violectric V200>Senn HD650, Beyer DT1990
    >or Garage 1217 Project Ember (as pre)>Rega Elex-R>Dynaudio M10.
    ANALOGUE: Rega P8>Rega Aria> Rega Elex-R>Dynaudio M10

I'm Gordon.

This is sad news.

Although I never met him, he obviously had in-depth knowledge about hifi and music and was one of those rare people who could express what he knew in a most gentle way that just invited you into a conversation with him.

I once made a joke post about bringing one of my jukeboxes to a NEBO event and Grant quietly wants to know what model it is. Turns out he had worked as a tech at a jukebox hire company.

I'll miss his posts.

RIP Grant.

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Never met Grant but had occasional contact with him via posts and the message system on here. Such a loss, my thoughts are with his friends and family.

RIP Struth!
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Mike.

God bless him, he really seemed like a lovely chap.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Phil.

Wow so sorry to hear .he has been a real stabilising effect since marco not here .wish his family all the best
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Andrew.

God bless Grant. Hope your looking down on us chugging a fine malt and spinning some blues.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast