+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wtd: a decent cd player under £500

I'm Phil.

marantz 6007 is under your budget and a lovely bit of kit . feels far more expensive . cd60 good as well
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    marantz 6007 is under your budget and a lovely bit of kit . feels far more expensive . cd60 good as well

I have a Rotel CD11 Tribute but if I was buying now the Marantz 6007 would be my choice
    Last edited by willbewill; 23-03-2024 at 11:55.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post

I have a Rotel CD11 Tribute but if I was buying now the Marantz 6007 would be my choice
    I have the previous model Marantz 6006 UK edition. Pretty good for the money, though the loading tray is a temperamental shitbag. Maybe the 6007 is better in this regard.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Phil.

yes 6007 beautiful , its also easier to get the disc off the tray than the rotel

Eric Bibb

I'm Alex.

I use an Arcam CD73 which I picked up for around £100 and it sounds absolutely brilliant.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by alcarmichael View Post
    I use an Arcam CD73 which I picked up for around £100 and it sounds absolutely brilliant.
    How much better can a player costing thousands sound than one selling for a few hundred. I'm betting there's not much in it, and the extra money is going on better (hopefully) build quality and operation. And appearance.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    How much better can a player costing thousands sound than one selling for a few hundred. I'm betting there's not much in it, and the extra money is going on better (hopefully) build quality and operation. And appearance.
    you'd hope better ability to read damaged discs without drop out or glitches too but not necessarily the case.
    As with any component there's expensive rubbish out there.

Not all players have a flat response - shelve the bass up or the treble down a little - warm sounding player

Shelve the bass down or the top up - bright sounding (aka 'detailed') player. But that is rare.

Some players have constant mechanical noise. Some have bad internal lay-out and have power supply noise bleeding into the signal - that might be audible as a loss of detail and a mushy sound.

But those exceptions aside there's not much if any difference, that's the advantage of digital audio.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Phil.

recently bought a primare cd 35 after months of deliberation . its reasonably priced , runs 100% silent , smooth operation of tray , quality remote and sounds organic, smooth and has a lovely sound .

Eric Bibb

I'm Martin.

Good kit, Primare.

Not bad looking either.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Yeah, I like Primare kit, I like the symmetry

How about this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256121892...Bk9SR7yTqKfOYw

There's another one in silver for quite a bit less, and also a CD21 where the bid is only about £100 with a couple of days to go. Might be worth a punt

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast