+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cd wees wees over vinyl ?

I'm Paul.

It's all personal I know, so for me although I have a reasonably Turntable and a reasonable Vinyl collection, I nowadays tend to only buy CD's I know pre 1980's Vinyl might technically sound better due to the analogue mastering etc, but to my ears, and that is all that is important to me CD's sound better.

When it comes to Modern recordings which are nearly all digitally mastered there is no advantage in the Vinyl and comparing a £10 CD to a £40 Vinyl it's just a no brainer to me.

I am not cursed with Golden Hearing and am not deluded enough to think I can hear the difference between £1000 interconnects so for me it's now CD's all the way. (Mainly) I do sometimes buy CD and Vinyl of the same release to to compare the two formats but it's only about every 100 CD's.

As to the loudness wars which has ruined modern music and it the main reason I rarely buy modern music I am convinced it is applied to both CD and Vinyl these days.

Remember this is all my personal opinion yours will almost certainly be different 😉
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer PD-8700 CD Player, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-810 CD Player, Yamaha KX-480 Cassette Deck, Yamaha TX-492RDS Tuner, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by narabdela View Post
    Some people do, and spend a fortune doing it. There's nowt so queer as hi-fi folk.
    Haha, too true!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456