+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It might be a time to step out of shadow....

I'm Mladen.

Default It might be a time to step out of shadow....

If you had a feeling that someone has been lurking out of shadow for past....14 years...that might be me.
    Somehow I haven't never introduce myself here, altough I have been oftens reading various threads.
    Some of them have helped me to choose a thing or two. For instance a SPU GT/e that Marko had long time ago. Now I have 4 of SPU's, one of them is GT/e.
    Well, back to introduction:
    I am 51 year old Croatian who works in Austria as an Train driver.
    Avid music lover, but not an music expert. Must confese that I am also an benign audiophile in sense that I love when something sounds good, but can also enjoy music out of notepad.
    The system isn't nothing to write home about it, but also not a slouch either.....
    Okay, enough with modesty. I have system that I love to the core!

It consists of Denafrips Ares 2 as a digital front end. Good enough for me.
    Analog starts with DIY turntable based od Lenco L75 motr and idler wheel on PTP plates in DIY plinth made of sheets of baltic birch and aluminium. Tonearm is Alfred Bokrands 12" banana, Carts are SPU's - one GT/e as mentioned, two Alnico based motors and modern cantilevers and rocks and one old SPU A.
    With separate electronics for motor speed menagment - made by PTP audio. Also an stacked platters, SPH bearing and all the things all cool kids in school have on their DIY TT's.
    Phono pre is Pass XP-17. Nothing to say that isn't already said on this unit.
    Preamplifier is ZM Labs with autoformer potentiometer called Iron Turtle and power amp is also from ZM Labs called LuDEF. It is one box, dual mono 30 watts per chanel class A best kept secret in high class audio (As well as the Iron Turtle).
    You might know what I am talking about if you are frequent on Diyaudio site.
    Speakers are Tannoy Monitor Gold 15 in MLTL enclosures. Drivers are refurbished to state of new and speakers also have custom made x-overs.
    All cables are self made along the thoughts writen in sadly late Allan Wright's book - Foils and/or thinnest silver you can find.
    Music?
    At last!
    Yes, I do listen to music also!
    Raised on Rock and it's variations, then I have discovered Blues, along came the Jazz and classical was always there since my music teacher in elementary school introduced me, to say, Smetana, Beethoven, Chopin, Verdi and the likes, but untill adulthood I haven't start to buy classical records.

Of course as I come from part of Croatia where people talk Croatian and am working in part of Austria where people talk aust.....ehm....german, It might be, while writing all of that, as humorous as I intented to be, I was even more laughable at then I thought!

Oh yes, why am I introducing me now?
    Because I was denied to enter the forum. Most likely because I haven't make any trace of my existence since 2010 when I was registered here.
    You see, I am not an avid "forumer" ready to talk about things I don't know enough to be valuable in conversation, so I limit myself to reading post written by more competent people than I am.

For the end, here's a picture I tooked right now just to send it to forum:

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Better late than never 'zerowaf'!

Interesting system you have there. I too like to use vintage Ortofon cartridges, including SPUs.

Visited Croatia and the Dalmatian coast early last year. Beautiful country, clean, friendly with great beer, wine and food.

Welcome again
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Mladen.

Thank you, Barry!
    I am glad that you liked what you have seen and experienced in Croatia.

I forgot to tell my real name.
    It is Mladen.

I'm Rob.

Well it was worth the wait! A very detailed and informative post and your system sounds very interesting. I have been active on Diyaudio since 2006 and know the stuff that ZenMod gets involved with and the help that he gives to others. I am surprised not to see any DIY Pass Labs stuff among your list of gear.

I vistied Croatia some years ago and stayed in Rovinj. The whole area and the other places we visited were lovely. We were taken over the border into Slovenia to see Postojna Caves....Wow what a place....fascinating and freezing cold. About 75F outside and 10F inside
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Mladen.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Well it was worth the wait! A very detailed and informative post and your system sounds very interesting. I have been active on Diyaudio since 2006 and know the stuff that ZenMod gets involved with and the help that he gives to others. I am surprised not to see any DIY Pass Labs stuff among your list of gear.

I vistied Croatia some years ago and stayed in Rovinj. The whole area and the other places we visited were lovely. We were taken over the border into Slovenia to see Postojna Caves....Wow what a place....fascinating and freezing cold. About 75F outside and 10F inside

Hello Puffin!
    Thanks for the kind words!
    It was my first plan, years ago, to have some Pass DIY stuff, but then I have stumbled on, what would be become later, my buddy Zen Mod.
    He is not just a skilled and knowledgable with electronics. He is also and foremost one superb human bean.
    So, actually it would be surprise if I had some PL stuff instead of ZM Labs.
    Knowing from where ZM's inspiration comes, we can say that I do have something that could easy be Nelson Pass's product as well. I mean, the school of thinking is strongly leaned on what Nelson preaches.
    But who knows, in years to come, I may be ready to have another project, but as it semms now, it will be again something from ZM.
    I have that Pass XP-17 just because ZM hasn't made his own Phono pre.
    But, all in all, I aqm verry happy with sound and feelings that follows the sound that my setup is able to produce.

You have choosen good area to visit Croatia and Slovenia.
    Whole Istria is beautyfull, and I can say that same to the whole of Slovenia to! In one or two hours driving distance you can be at adriatic sea in Mediterranian climate or in Alps where the climate is like on another planet.
    If you have chance, visit lakes Bohinj and Bled in Slovenia, and don't miss Pula in Istria (Croatia)
    As a matter of fact, I haven't see a ugly country yet. Every single one is stunning in their beauty. The whole Planet is!

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by zerowaf View Post
    Hello Puffin! and don't miss Pula in Istria
    We didn't! We went there as well and yes very beautiful.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Neither did I. Also visited Bosnia Herzegovina and Montenegro.

As you say, they are all beautiful countries and well worth visiting. The roads are superb; making some of ours look little better than farm tracks.
    Barry

I'm Mladen.

Thank you, Barry!
    Locals are naging about traffic jams in sommer time, but yes, the roads overall are on high level of quality.
    Wherefrom are you?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by zerowaf View Post
    Thank you, Barry!
    Locals are naging about traffic jams in sommer time, but yes, the roads overall are on high level of quality.
    Wherefrom are you?
    you need to put your location and first name in in the boxes in your settings page. its under edit profile, then save at bottom
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mladen.

Any of mod/admin team:

How come I am a bit banned, then not, then again banned...then not?
    If there are questions about my IP´s then I must tell you that I am really aproaching the forum from varius countries and various towns.
    That is what I do for living!
    Now I am in Passau, Germany. Tomorow I will be in Bratislava, Slovak Republic and then in Vienna, Austria.
    On Sunday I will be in Zagreb, but first I must one more time in Passau germany.... and so on.
    If you want me to be banned then just say if I have made something unforgivable, or set the things up so I can be logged in from wherever I and whenever I want.
    Last edited by zerowaf; 12-04-2024 at 15:32. Reason: English isn´t my native language

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast