+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winchester HiFi ProAc and Exposure Day - Thursday 7th March 2024 @ 14:30 hrs

I'm Steve.

Default Winchester HiFi ProAc and Exposure Day - Thursday 7th March 2024 @ 14:30 hrs

Anyone going?

Tickets are FREE and can be booked through Eventbrite.
    Steve.

My System:- dCS Vivaldi Transport + dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC + dCS Vivaldi Master Word Clock + dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, Aurender N20 Music Server/Streamer, TW Raven One tt/Graham Phantom II/Transfiguration Orpheus L & Audio Technica ART20 mc's, Whest Titan Pro, D'Agostino Momentum HD pre/S250 MxV power amp, TAD CR-1 MKII loudspeakers, REL Gibraltar G2 subs, Coherent Systems BD Mains, interconnects & speaker cables, Sablon Audo EVO USB cable, Tellurium Q Ultra Silver power cords, Ziro Disclosure & Vertex Roraima Hi-Rez power cords + Furutech FI connectors, Stillpoints ESS racks/component stands, Vertex Aletheia PSU2 balanced power supply, Coherent Systems RTZ3 ground box + CR/BD cables, Acoustica Applicata DaaD room treatment, Mutec Ref10 SE-120.

I'm John.

How was it Steve?

I'm Steve.

Full disclosure - I wasn't shopping for anything in particular, but, I'm only a free, fifteen minute bus ride away and Andy at Winchester HiFi is an excellent host and I enjoy attending his manufacturer-focussed event days.

There is an opportunity to meet and chat wit the company representatives, who have an intimate knowledge and passion for their products, as well as meeting and talking with fellow hifi/music enthusiasts from the local area and listening to a range of music (vinyl and CD) which may be wholly familiar, or heard for the first time!

The atmosphere was relaxed and there was no structured demonstration. Attendees were left to chat, play their own chosen tracks and ask questions of the reps, if they felt so inclined. There was certainly no pressured sales environment, although the generously supplied alcohol may have resulted in a relaxation of the purse strings for some!

There were three systems available to listen to and I spent the most time with the £40K system in one large demo room.

image0 by , on Flickr
    Steve.

My System:- dCS Vivaldi Transport + dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC + dCS Vivaldi Master Word Clock + dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, Aurender N20 Music Server/Streamer, TW Raven One tt/Graham Phantom II/Transfiguration Orpheus L & Audio Technica ART20 mc's, Whest Titan Pro, D'Agostino Momentum HD pre/S250 MxV power amp, TAD CR-1 MKII loudspeakers, REL Gibraltar G2 subs, Coherent Systems BD Mains, interconnects & speaker cables, Sablon Audo EVO USB cable, Tellurium Q Ultra Silver power cords, Ziro Disclosure & Vertex Roraima Hi-Rez power cords + Furutech FI connectors, Stillpoints ESS racks/component stands, Vertex Aletheia PSU2 balanced power supply, Coherent Systems RTZ3 ground box + CR/BD cables, Acoustica Applicata DaaD room treatment, Mutec Ref10 SE-120.

I'm Steve.

Vinyl and digital replay was equally enjoyable on the big-ticket system.

None of the attendees I spoke to, identified themselves as a hifi forum member and only one came to specifically audition the Exposure 3510 CD player, as a potential upgrade from his existing Exposure XM model.

Its always beneficial to "benchmark" by listening to different systems, in alternative settings, to get an idea of what others are listening to and indeed, what dealers and distributors consider to be representative of a system capable of delivering a musically satisfying performance within different budget ranges.

I always enjoy a get-together with other enthusiasts and these events are a good alternative to attending shows, if the equipment being demonstrated is of interest to you.

image1 by , on Flickr
    Steve.

I'm John.

Thanks. The big system looks excellent, would like to hear that. I’ve got a mini-me, Hana SH into Exposure 2510 and Proac DT8s so that would be right up my street I reckon.

+ Reply to Thread