+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For March!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I usually give the grass (it's not good enough to be called a lawn ) two cuts. But I don't like it to look 'scalped' with that horrible yellow colour, so will give it a first rough cut then let it recover for a day or two and then do a second closer cut, leaving it still green.

Then I go indoors, maybe pour myself a slug of whisky, and admire my handywork.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I usually give the grass (it's not good enough to be called a lawn ) two cuts. But I don't like it to look 'scalped' with that horrible yellow colour, so will give it a first rough cut then let it recover for a day or two and then do a second closer cut, leaving it still green.

Then I go indoors, maybe pour myself a slug of whisky, and admire my handywork.
    That is the best part of the job, and the bit I spend the most time on
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Robin.

After 10 days in Lanzarote, back home to a grey 5c
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    After 10 days in Lanzarote, back home to a grey 5c
    Good to be back home eh, Robin. Still, after 10 days without your music you were probably going to spend the day indoors

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Well I had intended to mow the lawn yesterday afternoon as we'd had 2 consecutive dry days, almost unheard of. Instead I fell asleep (Saturday night had been a late one). Never mind, I'll do it Monday. Pissing down now, and it's fair to say Mrs. P is not happy. In fact my name is mud, much like the garden

But this afternoon I'll be assembling some Ikea shelving, without being asked. That should restore my "occasionally useful" status

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Good to be back home eh, Robin. Still, after 10 days without your music you were probably going to spend the day indoors
    Yeah you’re probably right Steve, although currently trying to obtain an appointment with my doctor, I have a chest infection which doesn’t want to leave me, only 47th in the queue.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

8C and cloudy. Rain expected later, so apart from popping out to do some essential shopping, I shall spend the rest of the day redecorating my partner's flat.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Yeah you’re probably right Steve, although currently trying to obtain an appointment with my doctor, I have a chest infection which doesn’t want to leave me, only 47th in the queue.
    Look after yourself Robin - you are now our resident whiskey expert!
    Barry

I'm Robin.

That’s a big pair of shoes to fill
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Steve.

First job for our new resident whisky expert: teach those south of the border the correct spelling for whisky Unless you're Irish, in which case, as you were

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast