+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Yaqin SD-CD2 Valve Buffer

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Yaqin SD-CD2 Valve Buffer

Nice Chinese valve buffer, comes with NOS Mullard, Siemens, GEC, National and Russian military (OTK) pairs for plenty of valve rolling and tuning to a particular sound. It also has the original Chinese 6J1 valves. It's in good but not perfect condition. Note the small mark on the top left of the fascia for example.

I've owned it a few years and have used it in the second system as various components have come and gone and it has often reduced fatigue and let me listen for longer.

Before this I had the SD-CD3 with 6SN7 valves and despite using some very good valves it always detracted from the sound. Surprisingly this one sounded much better (ie more subtle and often an improvement) so I sold the other.

I'm asking a fair £95 for the buffer and all the valves.

I'd rather it was collected from N London but can post at buyer's cost and risk. I have a good box for it.

I'm Lawrence.

SSTP

I'm Grant.

Had a yakin buffer once
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Philip.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Had a yakin buffer once
    And?
    Don't leave us hanging!

I'm Grant.

I sold it but it worked well enough. I changed equipment and didn't need it
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

I found it helped with some components but not others. I changed my speakers to MA Studio 20SEs and preferred it without. As I think they are keepers I decided to sell the buffer. Famous last words though

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I found it helped with some components but not others. I changed my speakers to MA Studio 20SEs and preferred it without. As I think they are keepers I decided to sell the buffer. Famous last words though
    yup i found same. when i changed gear i preferred without.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread