+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WiFi issue

I'm Robin.

Default WiFi issue

Hopefully this is in the correct section, if not please move mods.

As some of you may know when we moved house in the summer, I had a garden room built for my music/hifi, apart from a few cosmetic touches the room is now complete, I have also changed some of my equipment and this question relates to the strength of the WiFi in the garden room. One of the changes I made was to purchase an Eversolo DMP-A6, I knew there were issues with the WIFI as my IPAD and IPhone struggle in the Garden Room. My broadband is supplied by Virginmedia and I am on the Volt package which I got at a decent price, I will not be moving from Virgin, so please don’t suggest that. I spoke to Virgin yesterday about the strength of the WIFI and was confirmed as 26.1 mps so they are sending me a WIFI pod which is supposed to help the signal strength.

My question is are there better solutions that would improve the strength of the WIFI in the garden room. I know there extenders etc, just not sure what would be the best solution?

Any advice/guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Robin
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Mike.

My daughters house has Virgin Fibre broadband and it couldn't even give a decent signal between rooms never mind floors.

I put in this mesh system and it gave full WiFi speed in every room after that.

TP-Link Deco X55 AX3000 Whole Home AI-Driven Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System.

https://amzn.eu/d/6EkH8db
    On a side note, I'm on Vodafone Fibre at our house and the garden room gets good wifi at around 20m away.

Biggest issue with Virgin Broadband is their crap router, lots of people switch it to modem mode only and add a separate router into it.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    My daughters house has Virgin Fibre broadband and it couldn't even give a decent signal between rooms never mind floors.

I put in this mesh system and it gave full WiFi speed in every room after that.

TP-Link Deco X55 AX3000 Whole Home AI-Driven Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System.

https://amzn.eu/d/6EkH8db
    On a side note, I'm on Vodafone Fibre at our house and the garden room gets good wifi at around 20m away.

Biggest issue with Virgin Broadband is their crap router, lots of people switch it to modem mode only and add a separate router into it.
    Thanks Mike, the WiFi is fine in the house, although we can have issues when streaming Netflix etc. The garden room is only about 8m from the lounge where the router is located. I had hoped that there might be an easier solution than going down the “Mesh” route but it might be the only way forward as I need decent WiFi in the garden room.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Kevin.

You can add an external Wireless Access Point, that will give you a stronger WiFi signal, as long as you buy the right one.
    What WiFi standard is the Virgin Router?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    You can add an external Wireless Access Point, that will give you a stronger WiFi signal, as long as you buy the right one.
    What WiFi standard is the Virgin Router?
    Kevin, not sure what the correct answer is, I believe I have the latest Virgin super hub, which is WIFI 5 ready for WIFI 6 if that helps
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Kevin.

Robin,

The super hub appears to be a business model, from what Google tells me.
    Do you not have one of these: https://www.virginmedia.com/broadban...omer-deals/hub

If. Irvin are sending you a de ice to try, give that a shot first before you try anything else.
    Kevin

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Robin,

The super hub appears to be a business model, from what Google tells me.
    Do you not have one of these: https://www.virginmedia.com/broadban...omer-deals/hub

If. Irvin are sending you a de ice to try, give that a shot first before you try anything else.
    Hi Kevin, I have the 5 Hub, sorry for any confusion and its one of their WiFi Pods they are sending me.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Kevin.

Try the WiFi pod first, as you are already at the WiFi 6 standard with your hub.
    The pod will need to be placed in between the router and the room without a decent WiFi signal.
    Kevin

I'm Pete.

there are a number of solutions ...........all work !
    the No No solution is to piggy back the wifi on the mains. This seems are great solution but it degrades the hifi performance making everything a bit grey..meh lacking in dynamics etc.
    I solved a similar issues using a netgear wifi extender placed in an area of ok wifi, which then rebroadcasts the signal. in my case this has extended the hub 5 [yes im virgin too] from one room and a bit to two house foot prints. We need the extended range as we move mother in law in next door.

I'm Robin.

A received a WiFi pod from Virgin, a couple of days ango and after wasting a few hours speaking their tech people, managed to get it to work in the garden room. Although nowhere near the speed in the house its working so far, fingers crossed this continues.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast