+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call for photos of members Sansui gear

I'm ChrisB.

Default Call for photos of members Sansui gear

Hi folks,
    Robert (Retro) is compiling an article for the library & I am helping him in some areas.
    We need some images of Sansui gear, so if anyone has any (original photos please, nothing lifted from the web) then we would like to talk to you.

Thanks guys

I'm David.

I can take a photo of my tuner if you like... Is it a good enough one to bother?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm ChrisB.

That would be good Hamish - is it behaving itself?

I'm David.

Yep, I think I was just being a plonker
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm RichardbutpreferRich.

Chris, I have Sansui integrated amps on 2 of my systems, AU-505 (circa 72) and AU-G30X (circa 84) and a matching digital tuner TU-D33XL. However non of these are rare pieces and all are well loved, well used and far from pristine so I would guess not what Robert is looking for?
    Rich

Source: Squeezebox Touch, Chinese AK4396 DAC, Pioneer PL-112D + Shure M75ED type2, Pioneer PD-7700 CDP
    Amp: Sansui AU-505
    Speakers: Ditton 44's

I'm David.

Photo sent today

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

I'm pretty sure i have a Sansui tuner in the loft though i doubt you'll want a pic of it if Hamish has already supplied you with one Again it's not a very decent one, probably lower fi than Hamishs'

What you want is a pic of that odd pre amp with the weird rainbow effect colour display that i seem to remember from the 80s, no idea what that was about
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm ChrisB.

Rich - PM sent
    Cheers Hamish - been away from the email for a few days, not had a chance to check it for a while.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post

What you want is a pic of that odd pre amp with the weird rainbow effect colour display that i seem to remember from the 80s, no idea what that was about
    The 'RA500' & 'RA700' Reverb Amps..I sold one a couple months ago.. 70's tho

Hi Chris,

I just replaced the bulb lamps of my beloved Sansui TU-717 so now fully working she is in shining form and up for a picture.
    So if you like one let me know.
    Via bob@vintage-electronics.net I ordered the Wege Base lamps 8mV 300mA, payed 12 dollars for a set of 4 and got 5! He's sure a nice bloke.
    To place the lamps was easy, no soldering needed and me with two lefties did this jobbie in less than an hour.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast