+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ugliest. Equipment. Ever.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Pretty much anything from Chord.

I mean, have a look at this beauty - https://chordelectronics.co.uk/fr/product/ultima-pre

They try too hard. In fairness in the flesh their stuff does look better, you can see there's some serious build quality going on even if the look is a bit marmite.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    this is pretty horrific and you get it all for just short of £100,000

I watched a rerun of Close Encounters the other day and I'm sure I saw this flying around in that movie.
    As for steam punk - every summer here in Stroud they have a steam punk festival and we like to go down to the Farmer's Market on a Saturday and sit with a coffee to watch all the steam punkers wandering around. I've come to quite like it

I'm Martin.

Talking of record players the McIntosh one is pretty bad. I appreciate it has to match the look of their other stuff but they could have made a better fist of it

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Talking of record players the McIntosh one is pretty bad. I appreciate it has to match the look of their other stuff but they could have made a better fist of it

Looks like something these two would cobble together from bits found in a shed ..

Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Steve.

Not a fan.

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post

Looks more like something found in the kitchen of a high-end restaurant than an amplifier.

I realise they're probably seen as iconic, but I think the entire Macintosh range just looks really kitsch and dated.
    Looks to me like something Gomez Addams cobbled together from bits he'd found under Uncle Fester's bed.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Well it does look pretty posh for bathroom scales .
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Nice raw cabinets though.

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Some of this equipment puts me in mind of some of the watches you chaps are so fond of.
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks