+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Removing USB Driver

I'm Rob.

Default Removing USB Driver

I use a W10 computer to stream in my man cave. Years ago I modded a USB sound card from an article in Elektor magazine into a USB to Digital dongle thingy. It stopped working a week or so ago.

When I attach my Cambridge Dac it is showing as this sound card (C-Media) and not Cambridge. It works but I am detecting a faint bit of glitching so am not using it. Cambridge say that it does not need any drivers as it will be detected which it is not. However there is stuff posted by Cambridge to say that there is a driver available 5.27 (which I have downloaded) but still no joy. The C-Media is not showing anywhere that I can remove it.

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/gbr/en/driver-updates

W10 automatically recognises my ifi Zen Dac for which I downloaded a driver and Topping D30 which did not need any download. The C-Media is not shown in audio devices.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm James.

Computer audio and digital can be so frustrating. I have had so many frustrating experiences with software and hardware including cables that have made listening to digital a white knuckle ride sometimes. Is it going to fall over?! And as the technology/ codecs/protocol /technology are always in a state of flux it is certainly a game keeping up.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Grant.

did you install the driver you downloaded. you can usually remove things or update drivers in 'device manager'
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rob.

This morning I managed to get the Dacmagic to input a digital signal from what it called "High Definition Audio Device" the sampling rate LED was lit but no sound coming out. Grant has asked me if I have downloaded the 5.27 driver, yes I have and I have extracted the data but I suspect that this may mean that I have to install it somewhere which I have not done.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    This morning I managed to get the Dacmagic to input a digital signal from what it called "High Definition Audio Device" the sampling rate LED was lit but no sound coming out. Grant has asked me if I have downloaded the 5.27 driver, yes I have and I have extracted the data but I suspect that this may mean that I have to install it somewhere which I have not done.
    if you know its file location on the hdd, then go to device manager and pick the relevent driver area and click new driver and point it at the file; it should overwrite the current driver
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

I know who to come to now for my computer audio issues!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Rob.

Well I have been boggling my eyes for far too long this morning but I think???? I might have cracked it.

The CA 5.27 program had not been installed and so I have now done this and it shows as an app in the apps list together with the ifi app. However when I restarted the thing a black box came up in the RH corner of the screen with something like "we are now finishing the installation of C-Media......"

I have searched everywhere for the location of this C-Media ghost with no luck. The sound I now have through the Dacmagic is fine and glitch free so I can only assume that the name of the previous USB is attaching itself and that the "finishing" of the installation was in the relation to the CA 5.27.

+ Reply to Thread